Sign in to follow this  

Does TTools allow random AI and routes?

Does TTools allow random AI and routes? I had misread the MS TT SDK documentation. I thought that the MS SDK actually allowed me to enter nav data to create the actual path the plane would take on a particular route and therefore was saying that the MS SDK sounds more versatile. Well, I was wrong. Sorry bout that.Anyway, with the MS SDK, you either have random AI or you have routes defined by you. Not both. This of course is no good since if I enter downloaded route data, My FS world will be practically empty.So, does TTools allow for both at the same time?BTW, Airport W92 and KGAI, both non towered airports are now towered and alive with AI due to the wonderful AFCAD.Pete

Guest 727Fan

No. TTools doesn't allow RANDOM AI routes. TTools allows you to decompile the traffic.bgl file, where all the AI aircraft and routes reside. Once decompiled, the TTools program allows you to add more aircraft to the AI aircraft list, and to change the default textures of all default aircraft. The original default 36 aircraft are all assigned to the default flight plans, of which there are about 23,000. Therefore, you can change, for example, the textures of the 3 default B737, B777, B747, MD-83, Dash8, etc. to whatever real airlines you want. So whenever and wherever a route calls for a B737, it will be one of the 3. But each of the predetermined flightplans is assigned an aircraft.But in order to see more than 3 B737s, you must go into the flight plans file and manually change the aircraft assigned to that flight plan. It is sometimes a tedious and time consuming job. I've been working on all North American hubs and larger cities since February. Sometimes it can take 2 hours to edit flights going to a major hub.But it's worth it.

>No. TTools doesn't allow RANDOM AI routes. TTools allows you Well, after my original post, I started up FS, I used the MS TT SDK to create routes and I also had "autoroute" turned on. I didn't notice before(perhaps I didnt set my time right) but my routs at specific times to and from W92 to KGAI are indeed present along with the auto generated routes built into FS. Yahoo! Also its super easy to increase the amount of liveries the AI uses. The MS SDK creates a text file called aircrafttypes.dat. Shows a list of the aircraft and liveries used for AI stoping at texture number 3. simply copy and paste ovr and over and then just change the texture numbers promt paint3 to 4,5,6,7,8,9, etc. I now have 30 AI airlines using theier respective liveries. all done in less than 5 minutesAddng crafts to be used as AI is just as easy. The original Extra 300 is now AI. I set up the Vought Corsair to be as well but I have yet to see it in the air. Perhaps I don't need TTools after all. I do love that AFCAD though.