Sign in to follow this  
brandon

Double AI aircraf

HI,Can somenone help me to resolve this problem with AI.Since I have compiled new routes and new aircraft using TTools and the AI traffic Database, I see that a lot of AI flight are double. There is aircraft flying the same route, with the same ID and who are side by side. The ATC repeat the same message for those aircraft two time because he see aircraft. On the TCAS of the 737 from DF and of the A320 from PSS I see also 2 little signal side by side for those AI aircraft.Can Someone have I idea of what is it ?Thanks a lot.

Guest Martin

I have also seen this problem. (I'm using the flightplans from worldai10a.zip.) I guess it might be code-share flights (because I've seen planes from different airlines flying in formation like that), which somehow have been duplicated. Or, it might be that the data is duplicated for some other reason. (For instance I had SAS835 flights, one a Dash 8 and one an MD-80, scheduled at the same time. I think this must be because different sources were used for the data.)MartinIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest H_Kev55

I think you've hit the nail on the head. If you have 2 aircraft sharing almost the same airspace, TTools must have a duplicate entry. Or at least one that is very close.When I want my military aircraft to fly formation, I duplicate everything in the fp except that I spread them out by a minute of two.Works just great. They take off individually, but some actually land in formation.H_Kev55

Ahem, yeah. I kinda screwed up the codeshare flights, they're incredibly hard to find and remove (for a program). It's fixed for the new version (no release date, I've just moved house and don't even have a computer set up, let alone an internet connection or a development environment). I've also tried to get aircraft used more efficiently and added some airlines (I forget which and you'll forgive me for not unpacking my computer to find out).Hold your horses, keep downloading aircraft, things will get better.Take care,Ian

That's great news Ian :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 !!! I've got a team of twelve wild mustangs, the wranglers have quit in terror and the reins are stretched thin as fishing line, but I'm just about managing to hang on to them :-lol . I'd assumed the duplicates were because I'd added World AI to my default MS flights, and was planning delete the default plans and start again from scratch with just World AI and GA AI. I guess this won't be necessary (and won't solve the Double-Ai problem in any case?) World AI II is gonna be a blockbuster of a sequel.....Whoa, there me beauties, patience, patience.......

Guest Martin

Good news. :-)And while we're waiting, a little SAS promo flight. (Or is it testing the benefits of riding wing vortices?)MartinIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest RONVKING

Hi,When I have been going through various lists I have found some duplicates but they are not easy to find as ofeten the first part might be the same but the next leg is different so a simple dupe finder in a database won't work.What I have done is to download the file into excel and sort on the first departure time. As well as finding the odd dupe it also means that the stands are occupied by aircraft that should departure fair early rather that an overnight sitter, but as always its not foolproof.One small word of warning iof you import into escel you will need to check on saving that you have commas and not tabs between the fieldsRgds Ron

"Typical - you wait all day in the pouring rain, then along come two at once....." :-lol (mandatory comment if you're ever queueing for a bus in England )

It seems everytime I compile/import with AI Traffic Manager it duplicates the flight plans. As a temp fix, just completely delete your Flightplans file, and recompile everything once.mw

Matt, can you please expand on your advice? As I only recently started 'seeing double', I suspect it may now be due to this rather than a problem of duplicates in Worldai. I think I may have used AI Traffic Manager recently, though usually I just use TTools and AI Shuffler. Won't deleting the flightplan file simply crash TTools?Many thanks

Just confirming that AI Traffic Manager has been giving me the same problem - duplicating flightplans every time I do a new compile.I've stopped using it until a fix is found.Hope the developer is taking note, as I gather a new version is in the pipeline.Airdog

I've gotten it to work for me. After editing, DO NOT IMPORT. Instead go to File...Compile FS2002 Traffic.BGL. This has fixed the double AI aircraft. I'm not sure what Import does, but when I go to File...Compile I see the aircraft, and theres one for each flight plan, not double.mw

Hi,I also had the exact same problem. Here is what I did to correct it.1. Backup your FlightPlans.txt file into a different folder just in case something goes wrong.2. Rename your original FlightPlans.txt file to FlightPlans.csv and open the file using Microsoft Excel3. In Excel, goto Data > Filter > Advanced Filter...4. A dialog box will open which looks like the one below. Your whole workbook should have dotted lines around all the data which means it has been selected (this is done automatically).http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cef289b4b242a9f.gif5. Now it is time to filter the data. Click the box that says "Unique records only" and click OK. It may take a few minutes depending on how many flightplans you have.6. Once it is done, you can select all the new filtered data by pressing CTRL+A.7. Goto File > New and it will bring up a new workbook. Press CTRL+V to paste your new filtered data into the workbook. Walaah, you have unique flightplans.... no more double Aircraft!!8. Save the FlightPlans.csv file.9. Now you can rename FlightPlans.csv back to FlightPlans.txt so it will be recognized by TTools. You may need to use Find and Replace to remove all the excess commas that could be left over from using CSV (comma separated values). Just do a Find and replace of all instances of ,, and replace it with nothing so it will delete the extra commas that may appear. I use a program called ConTEXT, which is a very powerful Notepad replacement. It can be found on download.com10. Compile new data and test it with FS2002. 11. Have fun :)I hope this will work for everyone. Please let me know if you have any questions.Brandon