Sign in to follow this  

"Real Life" AI Flight Plans.

With the completion of Aloha Airlines (which I placed at AVSIM and on my website last night) all of the data available through the DOT for tracking N numbers is now completed. Unfortunately there were only 11 airlines in the list and the list includes only domestic to domestic flights.There were some hurdles that have yet to be overcome and will probably remain as to correct them would be monumental. N-Numbers for American Eagle are very questionable as are the N-Numbers for Southwest and American Airlines. As the American Eagle and Southwest Airlines are so questionable I have not compiled an "Aircraft Needed" web page for them. I did compile an "Aircraft Needed" for American however, but I would not put to much faith in the information portrayed. All other airlines appear to have the correct "Aircraft Needed" and the lists are compiled and presented on my web site.Yes, I realize that in the actual AI file I only put in one AC# and repeated it on every line. This was done so that YOU can look at the Aircraft needed list, see what aircraft you have (or need) and then edit your Aircraft.txt file and flightplans.txt file accordingly.I plan to upload a "master" AI file with all the text files included which will also include my Airports.txt file so that edits will not be required where 'exceptions' occur.As always, your feedback is desireable.Enjoy!-j

Hi John,You sure have a notable collection of AI plans by now! I'm currently building a new PC, and when I can fly into airports without frame-rates cratering with many AI a/c :) I intend to use more of your files. Great work.You know- I have Flight Explorer, and have at times printed a flight list of everything in the air over the US, and western Atlantic at a particular time (Fridays are particularly busy, with in excess of 5,000 a/c in the air on IFR flight plans of one type or other). I've thought about creating a spreadsheet (to export to a .txt file), but the job is too huge to even start! Plus, it would only give you planes in the air at the time of interest, or no planes in the air and all on the ground after the last flight terminated. It's a shame that I can't export the flight list to an .xls file, then I would have a good start!Bruce.

Guest tcable

Found a winner for you :)http://www.bird.ch/bharms/asr_sh00.htmAll aircraft fleets by type (Airbus, then model and the like ) Has worldwide reg numbers too, so you can see what just about everybody is flying.Tim

Thank you for your great job.Actually, I would like to ask you about your future plans and when US international flight plans (as you promised-))) will be released.

I did not promise that!I promised only to compile the data I could retreive from DOT.-j

Oh... and future plans...Using these flight plans, I intend on creating an ATC simulator that will be used online so that anyone interested in ATC can control these aircraft. Additionally, the simulator will allow multiplayer connections with FS2K2 so that those interested in being controlled by a "busy" controller may be able to be.My thoughts: VATSIM is wonderful! but... I've very seldom seen an Indianapolis Center controller (much less the various departure/arrival, tower or ground controllers). With this new project, I will hopefully attract more controllers who will actually have something to control (more than just 2 aircraft at a time) and will stick with it.Sorry to pick on Indianapolis... but when I fly, I depart Columbus and can not get controlled unless I'm heading out of the ARTCC and then, it's difficult to find someone to control even else where. What fun is FS2K2 if ya can't be ARAIG?-j

>Oh... and future plans... >>Using these flight plans, I intend on creating an ATC >simulator that will be used online so that anyone interested >in ATC can control these aircraft. Additionally, the >simulator will allow multiplayer connections with FS2K2 so >that those interested in being controlled by a "busy" >controller may be able to be. >John,Strangely enough I have had the same idea buzzing around in my head for a few days.Some way of combining squawkbox capabilities with a limited form of simulated real-time traffic using multiplayer connections opens a whole new dimension of reality.But would it be possible for FS2002 ATC to control the real traffic as AI aircraft and live controllers to work with multiplayer pilots simultaneously?Good luck on your mission. It is a huge but immensely exciting undertaking.Airdog

My 'take' on the subject. Why are there virtually NO controllers on VATSIM at any given time? My personal opinion: There's nothing to control (or very little). How to solve it? Put more in the air!I'm not wanting to allow microsofts ATC to control the "AI" traffic, but the Live Controllers to control them. Will give them something to do and hopefully keep controllers online :)-j

Guest Stamatis

John,Do I understand you correctly when I say that you believe AI Traffic can be "controllable"? A heading vector and/or climb/descent clearance issued by a controller will be obeyed by the AI aircraft?Wow... Now, that is what I call a real breakthrough!Stamatis

No, that was not what I am saying. What I am planning to do is develop a "new" AI engine for use with multiplayer gaming which will take traffic.bgl, assign it a 'real' flight plan and then allow them to be controlled by "Real ATC" whereby giving online ATC more aircraft to control and online Pilots more traffic in the sky :)-j

Guest Stamatis

Ok, it is not what I thought it was, but if you succeed, it will still be a hell of a breakthrough! :-)Stamatis

>With the completion of Aloha Airlines (which I placed at >AVSIM and on my website last night) all of the data >available through the DOT for tracking N numbers is now >completed. Unfortunately there were only 11 airlines in the >list and the list includes only domestic to domestic >flights. >>There were some hurdles that have yet to be overcome and >will probably remain as to correct them would be monumental. > N-Numbers for American Eagle are very questionable as are >the N-Numbers for Southwest and American Airlines. As the >American Eagle and Southwest Airlines are so questionable I >have not compiled an "Aircraft Needed" web page for them. I >did compile an "Aircraft Needed" for American however, but I >would not put to much faith in the information portrayed. >All other airlines appear to have the correct "Aircraft >Needed" and the lists are compiled and presented on my web >site. >>Yes, I realize that in the actual AI file I only put in one >AC# and repeated it on every line. This was done so that >YOU can look at the Aircraft needed list, see what aircraft >you have (or need) and then edit your Aircraft.txt file and >flightplans.txt file accordingly. >>I plan to upload a "master" AI file with all the text files >included which will also include my Airports.txt file so >that edits will not be required where 'exceptions' occur. >>As always, your feedback is desireable. >>Enjoy! >>-j