Sign in to follow this  

How to make AI ATC use different runways?

Hi, another newbie question. :)Living in Manchester, I (obviously) fly out of Manchester airport in FS2002. However, I was/am a bit disappointed in the fact that I never seem to get instructions for the second runway there. Also at all other airports I always seem to get landing/takeoff clearance for the same runways.Is there a way to get the AI use other runways? If so, what do I need and how do I go about it.Thanks.

Guest N247BK

Yes you can! I can answer definitively on that one. You will have to use AFCAD (in the library) to develop another "layer" of the airport. The instructions in AFCAD are good, but I would refer to Mike Lyons' instructions, which are included in his "Atlanta 4 Runway Activator" upload (also in the library).I've had success creating the new layer; now, I'm trying to get my AI Traffic to work correctly.

Bezza,actually there is a much simpler way for setting up 2 runway's at EGCC then the way Bob mentioned (his method is good for 4 runways e.g.at KLAX and KATL though).you'll first have to download a program called AFCADthen open EGCC and make the runway you want planes to land on the longest one and close it.the runways you want the planes to take-off from must be the second largest and must be open!that's allbtw,is RWY24L actually used at EGCC?thought there were no taxiways to 25Lregards,Seba

In real life yeah, both runways are used. Last time I was there they were using one for take offs, the other for landings.As for FS2002, there doesn't seem to be any taxiways for the 2nd runway, which I never noticed before. I could get some 3rd party updates for the airport, but until then I'll have to stick with the one runway.:(Thanks for your help guys.:)

>Don't worry, its really easy to make gates and taxiways and >runways and control towers! Simply click on the connection >node icon and draw the path you want the AI and yourself to >take! :) No, he means there are no *visual* taxiways! Sure, you can have the birds taxi across the grass, but he'll need to use Airport or some other scenery program to supply the visual taxiways...