Sign in to follow this  

Any list(s) of GMAX aircraft suitable for AI traffic?

Just getting started with ttools and want to minimize frustration by choosing as many GMAX aircraft as possible. Can anyone share a list of GMAX aircraft that they find work well as AI traffic?Thanks for your help!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest HeavyFan

Well theres Quite a few good planes for AI Traffic, here is the ones I have for AI!---- Mike Stones A-320,L-1011's,ERJ 45's, He has one more i think but do a Search in the AVSIM libary under Mike Stone, And that will show you his G-Max planes for FS2002, I also use POSKY 767's,A-330's, all G-max made but a litlle hard on Frames if you have a Low end System?? But they look great! I think there is a Boeing 707's for AI Made in G-max also but don't know who the Author was. But just do a search in the Libary! I also use the Default plane with repaint's by others as these are pretty easy on FPS! Hope this heps you! MIKE

Guest 727Fan

Mike Stone also designed one of the best AI aircraft I've encountered, the BaeAvro RJ85. And there's lots of repaints for this model too. His ERJ-145 is also sweet. Lands very nicely.There's a Tupolev 154 in Aeroflot and Malev Hungarian. Mike Stone's Piper Meridian general aviation. There is a Convair 580 in several older paint schemes and an ATR in several repaints too.The Open Sky A330 and B767 are beautiful and loaded with exquisite detail. They exhibit some bizarre behavior as AI though. Crashing short on final is the big one.I've encountered a slight glitch in Mike's A-320 too. They will float too far on landing and "go missed" at some airports. Why they do this at some airports and not others is a mystery.There are a trio of nicely painted B717s. The file containing the entire aircraft (panel, sound, etc) also exhibited bizarre AI traits. There is another file, however, that has the 3 717s as AI Only. These land and take-off beautifully, are nicely painted, and are easy on frame-rates.There are some military aircraft too. The only one I recall now is the Grumman A-6, although I also THINK there is an S2 Tracker. Maybe somebody with more knowledge of the military types in GMAX will respond to the question. I know I'd like to know moreregarding what's available too.But you know, despite any little glitches, these are all freeware, the result of a dedication to and passion for flight simming. I salute all of them for their generosityRick

It might help if there was a list(aircraft zip file name)made of all AI aircraft that land without "disappearing" or taking off like the space shuttle. I'm using some old project freeware aircraft(easy on the framerates for my system)with fs2002 default .air files that work fine(without landing gear of course). I'm sure there are others out there.

Hi,unfortunately I share the same love for the Bae 146/RJ... unfortunately because on my system this model just doesn't want to appear as an AI aircraft. It does work when used as a regular -flyable- plane...Any idea? Does it happen to somebody elese?All the best.

Guest 727Fan

Dino. Are you using Traffic Tools to insert them into the AI schedules?Of all the AI traffic I have, the RJ85 and ERJ-145 are the most dependable as AI. Might be an error in how you wrote the Title line in the .CFG aircraft file. It and the aircraft.txt file in TTools must be identical.Rick

I'm with you there. It has been frustrating following the trail of AI Aircraft. Even downloads that are listed as "AI compatible" often are not, based on what the author considers AI compatible. Some people are happy with planes that have no landing gear or one that won't retract. Others are happy if it will just taxi and take off and could care less if it becomes a lawn dart afterwards or refuses to land (had 2 of those), not to mention the L1011 I have that tries to do a U turn at touchdown. That one I kept, because it's quite a sight with dirt and smoke flying all over the place. I have to chuckle at the posts from people who are unaware of how the system works... "I just spent 16 hours downloading 125 aircraft to load in my AI traffic network"! Have high hopes with Project AI, but according to their forum, they are not even into beta testing yet. The quest continues.

See the Aircraft pages in the "Downloads" section of my site. I use nearly all of them as AI Traffic aircraft. The L-1011's by Mike Stone are a little strange. They regularly climb to 100,000 feet at around 30,000 fps, before returning to their assigned altitudes. (Kinda funny). You will see many of them are repaints of stock FS2002 aircraft, and others are GMAX created. A few do not work well for AI Traffic, like the America West 757.

You can also use the FS2000 default 737 and 777 repaints.AFG just released a ys-11 that is pretty nice.JeffDetroit, MI USAGO WINGS!!!(as in NHL, not The Discovery Channel)

Definintely hope to see the Project AI thing out soon. It's really pretty frustrating to see their site tout how everything is done and everything in imminant for the last 2 months...

Just in case you missed the announcement, Project AI is now in beta testing. The errors found so far are minor so first release should not be delayed significantly.

Guest Jack

You can try the AI acft from Tom Gibson's site:http://members.aol.com/tgfltsim/index.htmlThese are Classic propliners and I haven't had a chance to test them, but certainly worth a try if you find them of interest. They are for AI, but not GMAX.Hope this helps,JackD

Greetings,For several hours, I have fiddled with the "Lockheed L-1011 Tri-Star V1.1" which was:Repainted by: Hank Belz hbelz4@cox.net http://www.fly-twva.com/Reflective textures by: Garry J. Smith http://www.gjsmith.com/Original model by: Mike Stone. http://members.gtw.net/~blade/home.htmIt no longer dances from wheel to wheel and flys as AI about as good as any. The only thing I could not accomplish is slowing down the climb rate.I will upload the MDL and aircraft.cfg files to my local ISP and provide a link in this thread. I will include the mdl and the aircraft.cfg.I can't recall what mdl file I finally used and I did not comment the aircraft.cfg file, so I will not be able to help you if it doesn't work for you. Best Regards,BobI will work on zipping the two files now and upload to my ISP. If I can recall how ;-)EDITED ... Didn't take as long as I feared. Here is the needed link for the two files:http://www.mtco.com/~rsam/L1011.ZIPWould like to know if they worked for you! We are rsam@mtco.comThe TWA L1011s are good looking aircraft.

Bob,I would like to try this, but:"The requested URL /~rsam/L1011.ZIP was not found on this server."Regarding the climb rate:[TurbineEngineData]static_thrust=xxxxx //AI: sets cruise spd, takeoff dist. and angle?? ckfly