Sign in to follow this  

PAD CRJ-200-AI Problem

The new United CRJ-200 AI aircraft by Barry Blaisdell at Premier Aircraft Design isn

Shameless Bump.Anyone got these CRJs working?

I have found a solution. I used the .air and .cfg file from Sam Chin

Same problem here. I've tried it at various airfields and it either disappears as soon as it receives taxi clearance or if it gets in the air, it goes "poof" at touchdown. I've yet have been able to get it to complete a flight. Someone mentioned that the touchdown problem may have something to do with the fact that the crash detection field in the config file may be set to low. It disappears because it is detected as a crash. Might be worth tweaking to see what happens.

The ERJ-145 and the CRJ-200 are different aircraft. Both these aircraft are regional jets (i.e. RJ) and are direct competitors in the 50-70 seat market.The ERJ-145 is manufactured by Embraer in Brazil and ERJ is an acronym for Embraer Regional Jet.The CRJ-200, on the other hand, is manufactured by the Bombardier company (formerly this aircraft was built by Canadair) in Canada and CRJ is an acronym for Canadair Regional Jet.Mike Stone

See my post above regarding the use of the .air and .cfg files from the ERJ-135 by Nick Botamer and Sam Chin. Using these files will make the PAD CRJs work.

I increased the crash detection numbers for the landing gear as someone had suggested and that fixed the problem of the plane disappearing on touchdown. It does make a hard landing and apparently it was considered a "crash" and was vaporized by ATC. Not sure what that has to do with it disappearing prior to takeoff, but have made 2 test runs with it so far with everything OK. I'm sure it's going to make a liar out of me yet, but so far, so good. The numbers were increased by 2000. I figure it should survive a 50' plunge straight down. Not responsible for passenger lawsuits. Fitz

Guess i spoke too soon. Back to vanishing as soon as I start the sim. Got me baffled.

If you guys use Mike Stones ERJ-145 Aircraft CFG, and airfile for the CRJ's they will fly perfect. Remember to change Contact points and the Lights over, that will give you perfect flying CRJ's.Happy Flying