Sign in to follow this  

Can't use Flight Planner after AFCAD???

Ok, folks now what??? After AFCAD, KATL is beautiful. But I can't use Flight Planner!!!I have overlays set up and LOTS of aircraft lined up at all the terminals and landing and taking off on all 4 runways--looks almost as busy as I am used to seeing over at the real Atlanta Airport!But now, when I use the Flight Planner to file an IFR Flight Plan and try to get clearance to taxi, I can't fit into the crowd of pilots all wanting to do the same thing. All the AI Aircraft are getting their clearance to taxi except me!!! :(There is so much ATC chatter I can't get in edgewise. I keep hitting that 2 key to request taxi but I keep getting the squawks while all the other pilots get in fine.And even when I do get clearance to taxi, then I can't get in edgewise to ackowledge the taxi instructions. And I get ATC telling me to please acknowledge, but I can't respond. After 3 or 4 times with ATC begging me to acknowlege, ATC finally cancels my IFR clearance! :(That's a real bummer! Very frustrating when I can't do what ATC is asking me because ATC won't let me get in to do it! :)Anyone run into this problem??? Or is everyone so busy making it look good, that you have all forgotten what Flight Sim is all about--FLYING???? :)So what can I do about it--undo all my gorgeous AI Aircraft Flight Plans???? Or sit there and wait 15-20 minutes until most of the immediate flights get off the ground and things slow down???Anyone got any ideas??? Would love to hear them.

Bill:Got the same problem using 9 overlays in KATL. I believe the voices must stack up in memory which doesn't allow you to jump in until there is a break. I do one of two things. Be first to the active before it gets real busy or wait 10 - 15 minutes before asking for clearance. This seems to give clearance controllers time to catch their breath.

Just a typical day at good old KATL!:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol I guess you guys now know the meaning of "as good as it gets"!!:(

The aircraft that were scheduled to depart within 15 minutes of the time you entered the sim will still be on the ground. This creates a 'rush' so to speak, after those 15 minutes are over things should slow down considerably.mw

Well I am generally a very patient person. But I also tend to be a "fixer" too. If something can be improved, then I want to see it happen.And I am definitely unsatisfied with simply waiting 15 minutes until the rush is over. I want to be part of that rush! I want to get into that race to be near the front of the line waiting to take off.There MUST be something somewhere that can be changed to be able to get me into that priority line waiting for clearance.Come on folks, I know some of you out there are plenty smart enough to figure this one out. :)

how about giving different runways (or groups of runways) different frequencies for clearance and ground? That would ease ATCs work and there should be slots where you can acknowledge your instructions.You wouldn't hear all the of the traffic around you anymore, but you would still see it.But of course it would be less realistic... :-(Cheers!Frank

Interesting idea!Will definitely try that one.Anyone else tried it?