Sign in to follow this  

Reduction of ATC tolerance before go-round

Hi, does anyone know of a way to alter / reduce the ATC tolerance in FS2002 ATC before a go-round instruction is issued to either AI or my aircraft?In real life, it is played a lot closer than the current FS2002 setting which seem to cause way too many unecessary go-rounds.Either that or we need to speed up the AI aircraft's exit off the runway!Thanks, John.

John,I had the same problem with my VHHH as the train of arriving traffic getting too close to each other and everyone has to GO-Around if the runway is occupied. There is a bug in AI ATC. As landing aircraft follows the instruction issued by the ATC, they will listen to the instruction of ATC to Go-around if there is someone on runway. However, if the ATC is busying with issuing take-off instruction to departing aircrafts, they will not have chance to tell the landing aircrats on final to Go-Around, even is there is someone on runway. My AI airport ran into deep trouble with this and it built long line up on landing runway. All landing aircrafts stuck together and the ATC couldnt clear them out!To get around of this problem and your problem (both are similar and come from the same root cause), i created virtual taxiway for the landing aircrafts to leave the runway faster. The aircrafts will taxi to the grass for 5 sec if the virtual taxiway is closer than the textured taxiway. This looks bad for 5 sec when you see plane taxiing on grass, but it is better than having 2 to 3 aircrafts to G0-around and cause huge delay.Ultimately, the problem could be solved by increase the taxi speed of AI aircraft. Ask Bill Gates to make this in FS2004.Sen