Sign in to follow this  
cat

Question for Londoners

On a trip to London a months ago, I noticed a few minutesout on the Victoria line, a large derelict power station,with four chimneys. Seemed to be out the left window.What is the name of this power station?I notice with FS2002, approaching 27L Heathrow, I see a largepower station. Is this the same one?Hope you can help.Peter Sydney Australia

I'm not from London (Manchester actually) but I think you mean the Battersea Power Station. Now closed. If it's the one you're talking about (and I can't think of any other) it is the one you see in FS2002. It's a major landmark in London.Check if it's the one here - http://art-estore.com/batterseabusiness/bps/bpshist.htm

Thanks for your kind response, Bezza. That's it! You solved itfor me.I love the UK. I've visited there 5 times, & can't waitto go back.Peter Sydney Australia

Guest Dave March

As the other poster confirmed this IS Battersea Power Station.I grew up in Battersea in the 50's not too far from the power station in fact. A few years ago there was a consortium who wanted to turn it into a theme park... can't remember why it all fell through but I think I prefer it to be left as is.CheersDave MarchFDC Website:http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk

Guest Scott Campbell

Peter,Battersea Power Station is about a well-known landmark now as Luna Park. ;-) But I guess Luna is open again since the millennium, isn't it?

Back in the 60's I lived near Stockwell and Brixton and I remember Battersea as I looked out the window as I rode past on the train out of Clapham Junction. Memories...Pete

Thanks all for responses. I was looking for the onein FS2002. I had seen one on the way up the Thames toHampton Court. Then I saw the one at Greenwich, then I sawBattersea. Now it's all clear. I think these old industrialsites are great. Must get inside Battersea PS next time I'mover there.Peter Sydney Australia