Sign in to follow this  

Aircraft Title in CFG file for AI use

I note from most of the tutorials that when adding repaints to your aircraft folders you should change the title in Aircraft.cfg to B737-200 Paint1. Adding further "Paint" no's as you add more aircraft. The title then becomes the description of the aircarfat in the AI file, Airplanes.txt.I have 34 different 737's and multitudinous other aircraft so I thought I would make it easier when using AI Traffic to see which plane I am assigning to which flight.I retitled an aircraft B737-400 Lufthansa and after compiling and changing flights it worked. I have now renamed all 105 aircraft in a similar standard way and would recommend it to anyone starting out in AI.It's a bit of a blow to change all the existing flights but using excel and find and replac it can be done.Just thought I'd bore you all with this, but it does make life easier in the long run

I agree, a more descriptive title makes things much easier.-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://members.aol.com/tgfltsim/index.htmlAlcoHauler Locomotive Page: http://members.aol.com/alcohauler/home/alcohaul.htmlFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I also found that naming the texture folder proved to be beneficial.Here is an example of my default b737-400 cfg.When using the worldAI plans the aircraft.txt file uses these airline codes. So when adding my aircraft titles to this file I can simply scan my folders for the airline liveries code I need.[fltsim.0]title=Boeing 737-400 CONTINENTALsim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=COkb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=atc_airline=Continentalatc_flight_number=1123ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=Continentalvisual_damage=1description=atc_heavy=1[fltsim.1]title=Boeing 737-400 DELTAsim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=DLkb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=atc_airline=Deltaatc_flight_number=1127ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=Deltadescription=atc_heavy=1[fltsim.2]title=Boeing 737-400 AMERICANsim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=AAkb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=atc_airline=Americanatc_flight_number=2255ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=Americandescription=atc_heavy=1[fltsim.3]title=Boeing 737-400 AFRANCEsim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=AFkb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=atc_airline=Air Franceatc_flight_number=1144ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=Air Francedescription=atc_heavy=1[fltsim.4]title=Boeing 737-400 BRITISHsim=Boeing737-400model=panel=sound=texture=BAkb_checklists=Boeing737-400_checkkb_reference=Boeing737-400_refatc_id=atc_airline=Speed Birdatc_flight_number=2223ui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=737-400ui_variation=British Airwaysdescription=atc_heavy=1Hope this helps someone.SteveCYYZ

>I also found that naming the texture folder proved to be >beneficial. >Here is an example of my default b737-400 cfg. >>When using the worldAI plans the aircraft.txt file uses >these airline codes. So when adding my aircraft titles to >this file I can simply scan my folders for the airline >liveries code I need. >>[fltsim.0] >title=Boeing 737-400 CONTINENTAL >sim=Boeing737-400 >model= >panel= >sound= >texture=CO But why stop there? Give the folder the full name as well! :)texture=ContinentalI started doing this several weeks ago when it became clear that I would soon become confused with so many new a/c and repaints...

I'm pleased I have started a simple but positive thread, I can never emulate Lee, John and others who have the knowledge to break down the code and "improve" it, but, I like to think I can help in my own little way!Thanks to all who work to improve this hobby whether for self satisfaction or reward.Terry