Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

New AI traffic tool (yRoute - Freeware)

I know there are several traffic tools around, but I thought I'd add another to the mix. I wrote this for my own use, and it combines a few neat features into one program: You can replace aircraft on one or multiple schedules, add in all your FS2002 aircraft, list all schedules for a given aircraft or airport, delete aircraft & related schedules, add and edit schedules and legs, chart aircraft departures per hour for any airport, list and replace aircraft which you have assigned to routes but are missing from FS2002, etc etc.It's a beta release, and I'd appreciate any feedback. You can download a 'full' setup here:http://members.iinet.net.au/~simonh/Programs/yRouteFULL.exe (approx 400kb)and the Exe-only here (just extract and run):http://members.iinet.net.au/~simonh/Programs/yRouteEXE.exe (approx 80kb)They're self-extracting archives, for any version of Windows. You will need the Visual Basic 6 runtime if you don't already have it: There's a link on the Runtimes page on www.spacejock.com if you need it.CheersSimon Haynes

Well done Simon.Great program - I think the best traffic editor so far.Cheers.Airdog

Hi,I get an error if I try to open the standard FS traffic... I think it's loading the plan, airport and aircraft files and then I get an error saying file not ... Maybe it's because I have a german OS?RegardsThomas

OK, a user wrote to me with an 'input past end of file' error - it seems his aircraft.txt or airports.txt file had a blank line at the end. I've changed the program to filter these out, and replaced the exe at the link above. Alternatively you can edit your Aircraft.txt and remove any blank lines right at the end.When you say 'file not' do you mean 'file not found'? It looks for the three 'TT' text files, plus the Aircraft folder and the icao names.cfg file in the Weather folder, all within your specified FS2002 path. You can delete yroute.ini if you set the FS2002 path to the wrong value.CheersSimon

Hi Simon,the new version has still the same thing... I tried to remove the blank lines, but that didn't help either. I get the following error "filename or number wrong". Maybe that helps you or try to display an error number.CheersThomas

Can you please post it at file library of avsim.com. I can not access the mentioned site for unknown reason. I get an error when I try to do so.Desert Jockey

With the "Full" app I get the error...Invalid command line parameters when I try to set up. With the exe, It goes through the whole thing and then says "Bad file name or number" John

I won't post it to Avsim until I make sure it's working - I tend to implement changes very quickly, and Avsim could end up with 14 versions in one week.Two things as far as I can tell - one is the bad file name, and the other is the installer issue. The installer isn't supposed to self-install, just self-extract. You have to provide the path to extract to (e.g. C:tempYR) and it should then say '3 files extracted'. Do you get that far, or do you get the parameter error sooner?CheersSimon

Right, I've just uploaded a zipped EXE here:http://members.iinet.net.au/~simonh/Programs/yRoute.zip (65kb)This version will generate a log.txt file on startup, and if you get any errors on startup I'd appreciate it if you could email me the log file. It will tell me which input file it's baulking at, and then I'll work out why.CheersSimon

OK, someone sent me a log file (thanks!) and the error occurs when my program is attempting to open a particular FS2002 aircraft.cfg file. I've uploaded a version which identifies the file/folder it's stopping on, and should soon be able to fix the issue. (It works with all the aircraft I have installed here, but there must be a particular circumstance where it won't)CheersSimon

OK, I've sent you a new exe to try. The problem was this: I wrote some code to walk through the folders in the FS2002 'Aircraft' folder, specifically excluding files. Somehow, on some computers, the 'Airline.cfg' file is being picked up as a folder instead of a file. It may be different versions of Windows or differences between NTFS vs FAT32, but I've added some code to really check whether a returned 'folder' is actually a path.If Frank confirms this version works on his system I'll upload a replacement. If anyone else is getting the 'bad file name or number' message and wants to try this new version, please let me know and I'll email the file as an attachment (it's only 60kb) My email is simon@spacejock.com The only other file you need is the VB6 runtime.CheersSimon

Guest cwright

Simon, I can't make it work. In the initial setup, when I point it to FS2002 it says it can't see the aircraft directory. When I point it to the aircraft directory then it's okay, although the program asks for the FS2002 directory. Next problem: it says "Flightplans.txt missing or empty...." I've taken spaces out of the file but no joy. This stops the program from running. Installation is c:FS2002TrafficToolsyRoute (as in the readme file). System is P3 800 Mhz 256 Mb RAM, GeForce 1 32 Mb, Win 98SE. Best regards, Chris