Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

New AI traffic tool (yRoute - Freeware)

I thank you, my momma thanks you, my four cats thank you, and I am sure that if the library managers were to read this, they would thank you too. :)Thanks for the consideration Simon. We DO APPRECIATE IT!

Simon, I just downloaded your most recent revision and I have to tell you, that is the first TTools related UTIL that even comes close to making sense to me. I actually was able to use it without screwing up my entire system. Go figure. And no manual either. Great job there guy!

Guest eko

I agree, this is a very elegant and comprehensive front end for TTools. I downloaded just the zip file, stuck it in my TTools folder, decompiled and presto. No problems. Good job! Win98SE, Athlon 1800.

[h1]Wonderful[/h1][h1]Simply Wonderful[/h1]BRAVO Simon !!!Thanks you.

I am getting the cant find AC directory after a decompile. Waht am I doing wrongAndrew

"I am getting the cant find AC directory after a decompile. Waht am I doing wrong"That sounds like your FS2002 path is incorrect in the INI file. To fix, delete yRoute.ini and rerun the program. It will ask you to locate the FS path again.I've just put up a new version which sets the cruise speed properly when you add a batch of aircraft from FS. I didn't realise that you could have comments on the same line, but that's now fixed. Also keeps the cruise speed for each aircraft where there are multiples in a single cfg file.CheersSimon

Hi Simon:Suggestion.In you readme file impress on the reader the importance of reading the readme.doc in Lee's TTools package. It explains much of what your program changes and how those changes effect the AI.This is such an easy program to use.Again, Thanks.

>Hi Simon: >>Suggestion. >In your readme file impress on the reader the importance of >reading the readme.doc in Lee's TTools package. It explains >much of what your program changes and how those changes >effect the AI. Good idea:"To run the program, you must first install and run the Decompiler program which is part of Lee Swordy's terrific AI traffic tools package. You can find this program on www.avsim.com, www.flightsim.com and others. If you've never heard of TrafficTools, don't read any further just yet - go and download the program, install it and read the included documentation thoroughly.">>This is such an easy program to use. >Again, Thanks. OK, glad you like it. I'm just adding another feature which will make life a lot easier, too. (No, it doesn't automatically pay bills on time :-)CheersSimonwww.spacejock.com

WOW!!!What a great contribution to the hobby!Outstanding work Simon!Beautiful, straight forward, works superbly!I am impressed!

>I've just put up a new version which sets the cruise speed >properly when you add a batch of aircraft from FS. I didn't >realise that you could have comments on the same line, but >that's now fixed. Also keeps the cruise speed for each >aircraft where there are multiples in a single cfg file. I'll have to admit, I'm impressed! This the best thought out planner yet.The graphical representation of the FP's for an apt is a nice touch.I can't say that I care for the way the aircraft.txt gets updated with an "all or nothing" approach, because not all of the a/c I've got installed are suitable for AI... but then, I don't *have* to use that feature, do I? :)Thanks for a really nice, easy to use planner.

>I'll have to admit, I'm impressed! This the best thought >out planner yet. >Thangyouverymush.>The graphical representation of the FP's for an apt is a >nice touch. Ah well, my main piece of software is a charting program so I had to use that know-how somewhere >>I can't say that I care for the way the aircraft.txt gets >updated with an "all or nothing" approach, because not all >of the a/c I've got installed are suitable for AI... but >then, I don't *have* to use that feature, do I? :) Same here - but right now the add FS is just a button, and what I'll do soon is make it a proper form with two lists (FS and AI), so you can highlight the FS aircraft you want to include. I honestly wrote the Add FS code in about 15 minutes, which for me was quicker than manually adding the FS aircraft I wanted. (I downloaded about 15-20 GMAX aircraft in one go)>>Thanks for a really nice, easy to use planner. No probs, thanks for the feedback.CheersSimon

>Simon, I just downloaded your most recent revision and I >have to tell you, that is the first TTools related UTIL that >even comes close to making sense to me. I actually was able >to use it without screwing up my entire system. Go figure. >And no manual either. Great job there guy! I've just added a new feature, the ability to duplicate schedules with a click of the mouse. Then you can edit them to set the new ac/flight/leg times and off you go.http://members.iinet.net.au/~simonh/Programs/yRoute.zipCheersSimon

Guest cwright

Frank, thanks for the suggestion. When I copied the three text files into the yRoute folder it worked fine. Best regards, Chris

New version just uploaded:1) Chart shows correct (repeat) aircraft movements. Previously it only showed the first departure.2) Falls back to using inbuilt file commands if you don't have the Windows scripting stuff installed.3) Now includes a GMT offset. I've set it up so you enter the offset once and all times are then displayed with that offset. You can change the value on the new Settings form.4) You can duplicate any schedule, then edit parts of it. http://members.iinet.net.au/~simonh/Programs/yRoute.zipCheersSimon

Simon... The chart? does it show departures for a 24 hour period? or is it a "compilation" of all the flights in the file for that hour reguardless of what day it is?Maybe I should explain...All of the AI plans I've written are done on a "Week" schedule.Does your chart show all flights by hour for each day (combined)? or does it show it by day (individually)? I'd like to see the chart for Monday as an example.-j