Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

New AI traffic tool (yRoute - Freeware)

Hi Simon:Something I noticed that is either my set-up or a quirk.When I select a plan and then edit that plan, the "IFR" checkbox is checked as a default - even if the plan that I load is "VFR". If I select the "VFR" box and then save the plan - then reload the plan - the check-box for "IFR" is again set. However, if I check the actual .txt file the plan is saved as a VFR. On another note, thanks for the GMT feature and update.

Hi Kathy,I won't attempt to speak for Simon, but I do know from experience and from others comments that many AI Aircraft seem to have problems when the plan is set to VFR. I am not sure why--maybe a bug??? I think Lee Swordy was among the first to make that observation and he mentioned it in his docs with Traffic Tools.But based on that, I would be willing to bet that is why he is trying to override that and make it default to IFR flights.Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

BRAVO!! Simon you have single handedly taken away any excuse (mainly Laziness) for me NOT to edit my flight plans!!Darn you!!It's a wonderful piece of work Simon, I thank you very much. Now I must go and take out the garbage, as my wife has just taken away any excuse I might have used ( again, laziness) to NOT take the garbage out.See ya around.http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg

>Hi Simon: >Something I noticed that is either my set-up or a quirk. >>When I select a plan and then edit that plan, the "IFR" >checkbox is checked as a default - even if the plan that I >load is "VFR". If I select the "VFR" box and then save the >plan - then reload the plan - the check-box for "IFR" is >again set. However, if I check the actual .txt file the plan >is saved as a VFR. >>On another note, thanks for the GMT feature and update. If UCase(LocalSched.IFRVFR) = "IFR" Then Me.optIFR.Value = True Me.optVFR.Value = False Else Me.optVFR.Value = True Me.optIFR.Value = True <------------ tut tut tut. End IfYou found a bug! Vini, vidi, squashed it.New one: http://members.iinet.net.au/~simonh/Programs/yRoute.zipCheersSimon

> Me.optIFR.Value = True <------------ tut tut >tut. > End If >>You found a bug! Vini, vidi, squashed it. You're on a roll, Simon, just don't slip on the butter! :)Do you suppose it would be possible to show both arrivals and departures on the same graph? That way it would give a visual clue that if an airport is getting too high a volume of traffic... :)

Do you suppose it would be possible to show both arrivals and departures on the same graph? That way it would give a visual clue that if an airport is getting too high a volume of traffic... Should be easy enough.It was easy enough, and the program now displays ETA values in the chart, and also an ETA field (non-editable) on the Schedule editor.I'll have to work out how to calculate that value, using lat/long and sperical trig and whatever else is involved. Anyone got any pointers? :-)CheersSimon

>I'll have to work out how to calculate that value, using lat/long and sperical trig and whatever else is involved. Anyone got any pointers?Hi Simon,I have already been through that one--lots of fun! :)I will email you the code I use.Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

>Simon... >>The chart? does it show departures for a 24 hour period? or >is it a "compilation" of all the flights in the file for >that hour reguardless of what day it is? >>Maybe I should explain... >>All of the AI plans I've written are done on a "Week" >schedule. >Does your chart show all flights by hour for each day >(combined)? or does it show it by day (individually)? I'd >like to see the chart for Monday as an example. >>-j Hi John,For now it shows combined - I think I put 'average hourly movements' or something in the label at the bottom.I just wanted to try the chart out, but there are more things I can do with it. Adding radio buttons or a dropdown for day of the week shouldn't be a problem.CheersSimon