Sign in to follow this  

AI Tactical Display - just FS2002 debug mode!

>I think you may have lost the plot here a little?! Peter,No, I don't think I missed the plot. I was certainly not being critical of all who posted to this thread. Just those who seemed so negative toward the "author" as if he/she had done something terrible. I am speaking of such comments as "passing it off as all his own creation". I certainly saw no attempt to do that.>>Complaining we are not - desperate to get the little gem >working on ALL systems we are :-)) >And I am very aware that many are having problems with it and I sincerely hope they can eventually get it working. I think simply the fact that it is now more widely known increases that likelihood tremendously. And that is a tremendous credit to the "author" who put it out there.>It appears more obvious as the hours go by that some systems >(more than likely those running XP) are having no trouble >seeing what is meant to be seen in 'AI World'. So are you >going to tell me that MS only incorporated their 'hidden' >tool just for XP users; somehow I don't think so? >"...just for XP users"??? It obviously was not meant for anyone--XP or otherwise. That's why it was not documented.>OK, so if it doesn't work it doesn't but anyone, even those >that are reinventing the wheel so to speak, usually give all >users a fair crack of the whip when it comes to >multi-platform performance. >>If the supplier of the program/patch/hack/crack/switch etc. >etc. will stand up and say that it only works with XP then >fine by me - but I/We would have liked to have known that in >the first place. >Again, it is not for the author to guarantee anything. It is not his software to support. It is Microsoft software which--by the clear implication of not documenting it--they have also chosen not to support.>Lets hope we can get to the bottom of this soon? I could not agree more. But complaining about it not working is not enough. Being negative rarely gets anything accomplished well--at least not near at the level that positive feedback and approaches will.>>Peter Leadbeater, >Air Pierre, Warrington, UK. >>BTW, I mentioned I was in touch with Alting Software, from >whose site I d/l "AIVIEW.DLL (Freeware) - "AI Tactical >Display" enabler for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 >(version 8.00.010919.01)". Up to the time of writing I have >not had a reply. Again, I reiterrate--don't look a gift horse in the mouth--at least not while standing there with the giver???

First of all I just want to sharing my feelings,I really like this tool, it works great for me, as good as AI Map, THANKS ALOT Alting for giving such a great freeware module, Well I think for those who got prob (crashed) with AI Map can try this module (like mine), Both are really helpful, Both are great program. Personally I prefer to this AI tactical display. cause I could 'debug' the AI State. However, andyr's 'hypothesis' probably right also, I think Alting's made they own window, they own window design WITH some variables from FS2002 Debug 'console'. Just like FSUIPC, when we install FSUIPC, there are hundreds of variable parameters for FS2002 provided by FSUIPC. Alting just use this variables to be displayed into his own window. So I think Alting have the right to put their name on their own window. (Just my thought).>I get the send to Microsoft screen >>>>>I am using Windows 98SE/FS2002 Pro/FSUIPC v2.85 - how you? >>Windows 2000/ FS2002 Pro/ FSUIPC v2.85 Mine is WinXP Pro FSUIPC v2.85, FS2002 Pro.>>>>>Trying to get some sense out of Alting (the 'suppliers') via >>Email. >>>>>Piece of crap. NO, It's a GEM for me.>>Would be interesting if others were to post what they are >running. I wonder if some add on is conflicting >>>>Peter Leadbeater, >>Air Pierre, Warrington, UK. I have FSUIPC, Key2Mouse, WideView, LAGO FSSE, LAGO FSM, LAGO EHAM, LAGO FSAssist, quite loaded I think, but it works stable for me.

>Having read the results of a decompilation of the .dll and >taken note its size, number of lines of code and calls to >other, FS .dll files, I can state unequivocally that it does >far more than simply invoke the 'debug tool.' >>As a result of this, I'm going to decompile it myself and >conduct a closer scrutiny of the contents, before making any >more sweeping generalizations! >>What more is actually being done will require a more >detailed examination, but it is far too complex to be a >'simple hack.' I apologise if my posting has started a take-a-shot debarcle. I just thought people should know the truth!Bill, there is little else required to show the debug window on screen (as I have already done).Good to see your skills at reverse assembly are there! It might explain a few things, eh?Cya..

Just for info - I received this at 0730z today.----- Original Message ----- From: ALTING Software To: Peter Leadbeater Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 9:49 PMSubject: Re: AIVIEW.DLLHi,We have a few reports of users experiencing the same problem.At the moment we have no solution for these crashes.As soon as we have a solution, you will find it on our website.Regards,Arnold AltingPeter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

HiTo anyone who has been having problems with the AIVIEW.dll module with blue screens, etc. You are welcome to d/l my patch to enable debug mode instead. Please read the included 'readme.txt' first!If I'd known this was so sought after, perhaps I would have written a patch program earlier, instead of my own personal 'hack'. I guess not everyone is comfortable with assembly :)http://rain.prohosting.com/katipo/fsutils.htmFilename: FSdebug.zipAndy Robinson

Andy,THANKS so very much for this patch!And even more so for the straight forward method of presenting it.Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)