Sign in to follow this  

just a short note

John,Is this THE breakthru? There is no "readme" file. What does it do?Henry

Henry,I'll assume you read the short description which is under the link on my homepage?I didn't create a readme file for two reasons... it's pretty much self explanatory and I will hold no "restrictions" on how it's used.-jEDIT: one more thought, I'm not posting this message on any other forum (or newsgroup) just so you guys can have it first :)

Sorry, but I can't see any difference at all after running your util. AI still taxi at boring 10-12 kts.Was hoping to see higher taxi-speeds, but no luck. Tried firs 30kt, then 40kt, but no difference.I can however see that the ai_playr.dll is changed, so something has been edited in this file, but what?When am I supposed to see a change?I'm running FS2K2 on:WinXP Pro.AMD 1,2 AthlonAopen AK73 Pro512MB SDRAMAopen Geforce 2 Ti 64MBCreative SbLive Player 1024IBM 45GB Deskstar HDD

Nahh bummer nothing happened :-( maybe changing minimum speed would work not let them taxi below 20 and above 40 :-)I changed it first to 35 then to 50(max) and it seemed to have done nothing, in my opinion they still taxi at 5KTS, AI Tactical display map says they taxi at 12kts but my a$$ they do :-)Good try though Johny, maybe it only works on some airports that they will reach this speed, I tested only at CYYZ and CYUL airports that I have lots of AC's at these airports but nothing changed.Thanks for your effors though John.Andy

I've set the max taxispeed with this program. there are many other factors involved. the most major of which is how closely together the taxiway points are.I can not get my aimap to show above 12 either (but at least it doesn't show 11). however, I do know that on straight paths, away from the gates that the ai aircraft are taxiing much faster. I sat and watched ai aircraft land at KMSP for 2 hours with all of my AI flight plans loaded. During that time there were only 2 go arounds ordered by ATC and the aircraft cleared the runway rather quickly.tell me please that I'm not the only one seeing this?-j

".....the most major of which is how closely together the taxiway points are......."A-HA ! I agree with what you said John, and in no moment I meant to say that your utility is useless, you are right in your statment above! I have modified my Runways by adding lots of getoff ramps off the runway (Taxi points) for aircraft to get off sooner, maybe I shall modify this and it will work, so what I think has happened is that on these two airports I tried CYYZ and CYUL my taxi points are close together so the damn aircraft don't want to reach the speed because there are off and on ramps (otherwords taxi point) pretty often and like you said then it might not work.Well I will wait for some other people what they say and if it works for them I will try then to remove the extra point at least from the runways to make them get off sooner using your utility by them moving faster.PS now gotta invent minimum taxi speed :-)Thanks JohnAndy

HeyI guess one more knot should not be contempted. It's an increase of 9%, which is not bad after all.But I'll happily receive more knots if you guys can figure out how!?Seriously, why can't just those Microsoft people give us a patch that double the taxi-speed. Then I guess pretty much of our sorrows on this matter would have been over.

I mostly try to test them by taxiing behind them not by using the speed that is displaied by the map and if SHIFT-Z is accurate then the speed of taxi did not seem to change at all...I taxi behind them and when I reach 5kts I already start to rearend them pretty fast so I give them that they taxi 2-3kts... :-)I red some post by other falks that said the same as their AI traffic taxi at 2-3kts, maybe try tessting it by actaully following them unless as you say amount of taxi points has a big impact on the taxi speed so I guess we're out of luck to ever make them taxi at 25kts... :-( all airports seem to have many taxi point which are used as on and off ramps for runways or conections of taxi ways etc...OH well who knows.Maybe one day :-)Andy

Guest United

idea and great try! I tested at KSFO, heavy traffic but no luck increasing the speed of planes exiting after landing ... I guess there is more than one person working on this one! Who-ever solves itgets my vote for Time Magazine Flight Sim. "Man of The Year", taxi speed is the BIGGEST thorn in our sidesIMHO. OH........am using FS2002 under Windows XP

>Sorry, but I can't see any difference at all after running >your util. AI still taxi at boring 10-12 kts. JOHN!Which utility is this then?????I had a look on your webpage, but can see no link!Please tell me some more details, I am VERY interested!Andy Robinson

>Good try though Johny, maybe it only works on some airports >that they will reach this speed, I tested only at CYYZ and >CYUL airports that I have lots of AC's at these airports but >nothing changed. >>Thanks for your effors though John. >Andy May I respectfully suggest that you try it at an airport you *haven't* modified?I'm using KGYY - because it is my 'home' airport - but also because it has long, straight taxiways where there are no 'nodes' to impede your taxi.I've set the limit at 25 kts, because at 40 kts a/c were careening off the taxiway at the end... :)

"May I respectfully suggest that you try it at an airport you *haven't* modified?"You are right! Just another example I think that it is very dependent on number (frequency) of taxi nodes, but then no luck for falks who like other airports :-) unless I get rid of many taxiways, since aircraft aren't really using them anyways what's the point of having them, just leave two off ramps per Rwy so when they land from either end they hopefulle taxi to it soon and get off of the runways fast and kill all the other connections to the other taxiways which i observed they never use anyways... I might try it and see what happens..Andy

>You are right! Just another example I think that it is very >dependent on number (frequency) of taxi nodes, but then no >luck for falks who like other airports :-) unless I get rid >of many taxiways, since aircraft aren't really using them >anyways what's the point of having them, just leave two off >ramps per Rwy so when they land from either end they >hopefulle taxi to it soon and get off of the runways fast >and kill all the other connections to the other taxiways >which i observed they never use anyways... I might try it >and see what happens.. There are certainly going to be some 'tradeoffs' between the need for speed and so on. I'm just delighted to see my a/c brake to about 13 kts and then speed up to ~25 until they near the next taxiway.Just getting those slow pokes off the durn runway is reward enough for me.Awhile ago, I watched a little Mooney Bravo taxi across KMDW (Midway) after landing. It slowed for every rwny crossing, even holding short for a T/O on the active. Poor guy must have worn out his brakes! :)