Sign in to follow this  
Guest N247BK

YIKES! - you'll see it now!

leave it to me! I had a typo in the code and an error handler was trapping it so all the changes required were not being made.It really does work :)please download it again!http://www.buckeyediscus.com/fs2002/-j

>leave it to me! I had a typo in the code and an error >handler was trapping it so all the changes required were not >being made. >>It really does work :) JohnAre you going to tell people here where you got that titbit of information, that your program is based on?I'd appreciate a little honesty!And, yes, I didn't tell Bill everything :)Andy

Guest United

Here's me kissing your feet, you're a GOD!!!!!Thank YOU

Yikes !! Indeed!! You have just made my day.I was just about to report to the forum that your utility only gave me an increase of 7.8% when set to 50 in a test I conducted. When I came back to the forum you already had the fix, and, I never thought I say this, but my AI aircraft are taxiing too fast!In an attempt to extend landing run-outs I

IT WORKS !!!!!!BEST ADD-ON SINCE FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2002THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUTHANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOUAND ONE MORE TIME THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!I ACTUALLY TYPED ALL THESE NOT JUST COPY AND PASTE....OK OK I LIED I DID COPY AND PASTE.Andy

JohnCan you please tell the people here why your program will never work properly with the code you 'borrowed' from me. It's because you didn't find it out on your own, and do not actually understand how FS2002 is processing that information.I was waiting to release my program when it was fully finished, not half-baked, with possible extra codes - when and (now) if I can be bothered searching for. That is why I gave the Beta to 'Father Bill Leaming', who I now discover, is a good friend of yours. I also gave him that 1 memory address in good faith, for HIS personal consumption!Please do not lead people along with a partly working program, and yes, I knew that that location alone was not enough to crack this problem, why so you think I spent so much and effort to do it right.My little program does work!It will be finished, when it is finished!I don't enjoy torturing people with half working solutions!And please don't plagiarise any more details from my manual!If this is the general attitude of people here, then I won't bother sharing ANYTHING with the community!!! And if you don't give a stuff, well thats fine by me!I only joined this web forum, because I was told that this was the place where people were honest and keen on these sorts of issues. I will just as happily dissappear :)Andy RobinsonAuthor of AISpeed (which might get released)

Andy Robinson,yes I will. Thank You Adam!For your information:The crack within sim1.dll was discovered by myself weeks ago when the 'issue' of AI aircraft taxiing too slow became a hot topic on this board. While everyone else was looking at ai_playr.dll I continued on a different course. Why? The decompiled string values within sim1.dll should answer that question.In addition, in a post here, you will see that a previous programmer for microsoft, one who helped develop FS2K2, told all of us that the 'speed' was hard coded in ai_playr.dll. Adam even went as far to tell us that the value was the IEEE 64 bit value of 15, however, he showed it as a big endian value and NOT a little endian value.Not knowing anything about me you must assume that the information you gave Bill was my 'break through' when all that needed to be done was to continue working toward the goal I have been working toward for weeks. I wrote a software program already which deciphers and allows us to add gates to default airports so I was already aware that the information given by Adam was correct with the exception that a little endian value should be looked for as all the values within each file thus far is a little endian value.Bill and I did speak, however, information you gave to him had no bearing on if I would develop the little piece of software I developed. As far as 'copying' from your manual? You really must think me stupid, or that I have no idea of the inner workings of FS2K2. I'm sorry to disappoint you, however I am sure there are many here who will disagree with you.-j

Gee John,Then how come you are only changing the 1 (ONE) same old location with your patch? The same location that you say you originally found weeks ago.How come your crack still doesn't work for everyone?How come Fr Bill, also tells me that your program still 'doesn't work him, and mine does, hmmmm????I guess you've got all the answers, ay mate :)

But I've to say that this patch does NOT work with all versions. I've a german version installed and AI is still using speeds of 15 and this patch does only change the file "ai_plyr.dll" and not "sim1.dll".RegardsThomas

Thomas?are you "certain" that you downloaded the last version ? the version without my typo ? the exe should be 'dated/timed' 5/27/02 at 12:21 AM. right clicking on it / going to properties / then version should show build number 1.0.4if it is, please tell me the file size for sim1.dll and where it is located.-j

Thank you so much!This little tool is absoulutly great!Now my AI taxi at 30 kts! I couldn't believe my eyes at first.This is one of the major enhancements for FS2002 so far.

THANKS SO MUCH JOHN!!!TaxiSpeed works perfectly!!!

No david... Add A Gate is the major enhancement for FS2002 so far :D-j