Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

A Taxi speed editing utility has been released!

it works, even more, AI taxispeed is slowing down to 5 kts when there are 90 degree corners in the taxiway (I checked it with aiview)Hans-Guenther Schnell

Ummmm.is it me or are they still absolutely crawling down the runway after landing.Great tool though..easy to use,I have my taxi speed set at 18 now.

BRAVO IT WORKS!!But a warning to Afcad users:Less "taxi links" or blue "nodes" more speed!Panos Georgotas

Panos Georgotas

Guest Stamatis

Gia sou Pano,Does it affect the landing roll-out speeds while still on the runway?After all, this is why we need the "taxi speed" modification. I do not mind the default speed by which ground traffic is moving around, I only mind the very slow roll out speeds on the runway after a landing and until exiting on a taxiway.Stamatis

>Gia sou Pano, >>Does it affect the landing roll-out speeds while still on >the runway? >>After all, this is why we need the "taxi speed" >modification. I do not mind the default speed by which >ground traffic is moving around, I only mind the very slow >roll out speeds on the runway after a landing and until >exiting on a taxiway. Yes, it does... I've had 12 a/c doing 5 minute interval, IFR roundy-rounds between KORD and KGYY (about 60nm apart) for the last 9 hours. In all that time, there has been only one "Go Around!"Observing the a/c while landing, they brake to about ~11 to 14 kts, then accelerate (up to the limit I set of 25 kts) until nearing the next taxi exit. They then slow for the turn and exit about the same as before.A lot of how the a/c will behave depends entirely upon how *far* the next available exit point is.

Guest Stamatis

Bill,"Observing the a/c while landing, they brake to about ~11 to 14 kts, then accelerate (up to the limit I set of 25 kts) until nearing the next taxi exit."Excellent! That is what we were missing. Thanks for the clarification.Stamatis