Sign in to follow this  

After TTools, Airline callsigns incorrect!

Ok, first off, I have nothing bad to say about this tool. I absolutely love this tool, as I posted in another forum it has changed my outlook on MSFS.Now, to my problem, in fact it is quite possibly not the fault of TTOOLS. I recently made up some flights plans to and from KMIA and MYNN, MYNN and KFLL, MYGF and KMIA, and so on, and so on.Using a Dash 8 in Bahamasair colors, and also a 737-400 in Bahamasair colors. I have checked the entries in the aircraft.cfg file, and the needed entries are correct. But, when I am listening to them depart any of the locations in ATC, the 737-400s say they are AVIATECA, and the dashs say they are AMERICAN PACIFIC. I am lost as to what to look at next.Can anyone give me an idea as to waht might be happening and where to look for clues on this problem?Thanks in advance!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg

Jason,You need to look in your chosen aircrafts 'AIRCRAFT.CFG' file and look for a line which is atc_airline=For any Bahamasir aircraft cut and paste the line below OVER the line in the CFG file. Then ATC will call it correctly.atc_airline=BAHAMASAIRBTW, not all airlines can be called correctly as they may not be in the sound files suppled with FS20002; forthunately Bahamasair is!!Happy flying in the sunshine :-))Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

It is not the fault off TTools.If you de-compile the usenglishbig.gvp file and start to look at all the wav files (over 100,000) that Microsoft recorded you will find the mistakes. The phase.txt file does not always point to the right Airline callsign.

Does anyone know of a complete list of airline callsigns in the DLL file? Cos I found a list but e.g. Northwest wasn't in that but it is in FS.

>Does anyone know of a complete list of airline callsigns in >the DLL file? Cos I found a list but e.g. Northwest wasn't >in that but it is in FS. If you d/l the ACT_Voicepak_SDK from the MS support website, you'll have a complete list of all airline callsigns, as well as the tools to 'fix' the boo-boos that MS missed... :)

That... or just look at my signature below. :)BTW, working on an updated version with real-life equivalents (to explain obscure call signs and aircraft designators)__________________________________________________________EricUPDATED: List of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

Thanks guys,It is working fine now. Just FYI, I had the correct callsign in the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft. But, I had a capital 'B' then lowercase 'ahamas', and for some reason it would not accept that.changed it to all lowercase and it works fine. Strange thing!! Hmmph....oh well.Thanks for your help!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg

>Thanks guys, >>It is working fine now. Just FYI, I had the correct >callsign in the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft. But, I >had a capital 'B' then lowercase 'ahamas', and for some >reason it would not accept that. >>changed it to all lowercase and it works fine. Strange >thing!! Hmmph....oh well. >Stranger still ... in the ATC Phrase file BAHAMASAIR is all in upper case!?Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.