Sign in to follow this  

No AI Departures!

Hello all. I got rid of all the original flight plans that came with FS2002 and replaced them with ones I downloaded such as Southwest, American, etc. I use re-paints of the defualt a/c to fly the AI plans. I also downloaded a couple of airport gate enhancements for use with AFCAD. The problem is that none of the flight will actually leave the gates. However, once I'm in the air I hear other a/c so they're taking off from somewhere. Also, I do see some arriving traffic. Why is there no departing traffic? I have all the AA flight plans and while preparing for departure the other day in KDFW there was not a single AA departure. Anybody know the solution to this problem? I'm sure it's probably something I've overlooked. Thanks for any advise.

Hello JeffC,check in AFCAD if there is enough place for the aircraft to turn and taxi. Also check if all taxiways are connected. Sometimes airports are *overdesigned*. :-)ckfly

Thanks ckfly. Looks like they have plenty of room to me but I'll try getting rid of some parking spots and see what happens.

So they appear at the gates, but not a single one leaves them?Did you wait at least 5 or 10 minutes? The AI needs some time to give taxi clearence to each aircraft. Tune in ground frequency, do they ask for clearance? Change to overhead view (strg s) and watch for a while.ckfly

Well, did that. Watched for a couple of hours off and on last night and only saw 1 dep. out of LAX. Lots of arrivals but because the gates are all full to begin with, they all disappear. I think I'm going to get rid of all my flight plans and start over.

Guest RichardL

You may want to check the percentage your AI slider is set at.I had a similar problem. I created some AI flight plans and set them to activate at 50%. However, my AI slider in Fs2002 was only set at 40%, so they never started. Do you know what percentage your downloaded flight plans are set at? Richard

That's a good thought but I have the slider at 100%. Thanks for your input.

Jeff,I have similar problems. I think it has more to do with how some people design their flight plans. Many have an airplane fly to one destination once or twice per day, the rest of the time they sit idly on the ramp using up valuable gate space. As a result, arriving aircraft have no place to park and disappear.I have started another thread to explore this idea.Check Six!!!!!Rick