Sign in to follow this  

Unable to load Fouga, crash to desktop

I've downloaded the excellent Fouga package, but after installing it, i've been unable to load it. It shows up in the selection menu, the visual model shows up in the preview, but when I go to select it and return to the "create a flight" menu, the sim crashes to desktop. I know that it is working for most of the users who have downloaded it, so I suspect an issue with my computer or with WinXP. Any Ideas? I've run into this with one of the Carenado planes in the past and never got it resolved.MikeKOCFP4 17.GHz512 Mb SDRAMRadeon 7500Win XP (Home)

I'm running into this problem also. I had it working last night and this is a AWEsome plane. Zoom in and see how nice the textures are when you get it working. This plane seems to be 56 Mgbytes when installed. For some reason when I installed it it installed itself 3 times one in aircraft directory and one in gauges and effects directory so I'm deleting the extras. Like I said it was working fine lastnight then my system crashed (due to this aircraft apparently) and I had to reboot to an earlier system setting. I'm trying to install it again I'll let you know if I figure it out.

I think I have it set up right this time. I was able to fly the plane and then exit fs2002 without the system crashing. here's what I did. 1. Delete all traces of first non working installation. Check your fs2002/gauges and fs2002/effects to make sure multiple aircraft files were not created there. 2. Unzip the aircraft folder to Fs2002/aircraft. for some reason this kept going to fs2002/aircraft/aircraft. Move the fouga folder created back to fs2002/aircraft. If gauges and effects folders created delete them. 3. Go back to zip folder and extract gauges to fs2002/gauges. For some reason when I do this it installs the whole plane again in the fs2002/guages folder. Delete the aircraft and effects folders created in fs2002/gauges and move fouga gauge files from fs2002/gauges/gauges to fs2002/gauges. 4. Do the same thing from step 3 for the effects zip folder (unzip into fs2002/effects...). This is probably not the easiest way to install this aircraft but if you are getting the multiple (56 mgbyte) installations the way I did the above works. Make sure you delete all those extra folders as I mentioned because the mgbytes add up quick to the game.

Thanks, let me know. I'm thinking maybe I'm missing a required file or component somwhere.MikeKOCF

I'll give it a try when I get home tonight, thanks for the help.MikeKOCF

Oops, I thought I had it right this time but it's crashing back to desktop as you described now. I can't figure out why it worked perfect the first time but then when I restarted fs2002 I have the same problem you described.

Hey!Even if you do it manually like you say there is still hangups when trying to switch to a different liverly of the same aircraft. Something is not working properly in FS2002. It is an awesome downloadbut I think something in the multiple panels is scewing up things. Hopefully the author can figure it out!I really think a gauge is the culprit!!WayneCYHZ

Just want to say that we are gathering information about this problem to solve it.So every piece of information will help us

Thanks Kari, and thank you for the hard work and devotion that you have given to the community.MikeKOCF(Ocala, Florida)

Kari,The problem is defenitively with the panel, that is, with one or more of its gauges - their compatibility with WinXp is the issue!Using your beautiful plane with another panel, no crashes!!By the way: how is the taxiing done? Contrarily to any other plane, I cannot use the ruder!!Many thanks for sharing with us this extraordinary work!!RegardsEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

You have to use left and right brakes iirc.MikeKOCF

>>Kari, >>The problem is defenitively with the panel, that is, with >one or more of its gauges - their compatibility with WinXp >is the issue! >>Using your beautiful plane with another panel, no crashes!! >>By the way: how is the taxiing done? Contrarily to any other >plane, I cannot use the ruder!! >>Many thanks for sharing with us this extraordinary work!! >>Regards >>Edmundo This problem does not exist with all WinXP users, only some of them. For me everything runs well and I have WinXP. We know what gauge causes these problems and will release fix soon. We still try to figure out why this happend only in some XP, what is the difference in those computers where this gauge works well.For taxiing, Fouga don't have steerable nose gear, you have to use differential braking (F11 and F12) like in real plane

Guest Twister

Hi,I've downloaded and installed the absolutely AMAZING Fouga Magister.First, I'd like to express my admiration for the designers of this package - stunning job. I wish we could get more add-ons of that quality !I also use WIN XP Pro - and also ran into problems - FS2K2 invariably crashes to the desktop every time I select the aircraft.For some reason, when I start a flight with a different aircraft and only then select the Fouga, it works without problems.Strange issue indeed....Hope we can a fix !CheersTwister

Fancy how different can be the reactions XP computers have to this plane. With mine fs2k2 crashes only after 5/10 minutes . Using this plane after another won't change anything. It's an awesome package, though.

You could try to start Flight simulator with default-cessna and after that change your plane to Fouga. Fouga have been working that way in our "test-pilot" computer.Please let us know if this one works, so we could find solution