Sign in to follow this  
01pewterz28

Problem with time tables?

I appreciate all the hard work everyone has done to get real world schedules for AI flight plans. I know from first hand experience how tedious this process is.One critique however, several flight plan makers have aircraft flying to one destination and back once of twice per day. The rest of the time they sit idly taking up valuable ramp space and preventing arriving aircraft from having a gate available for them to taxi to. As a result there are lots of airplanes, but very few of them are going anywhere.Real airline have their planes make several hops per day to generate revenue. Time on the ground is money lost.Suggestion: Make schedules with minimal time spent on the ground between flights (one hour works well). This will generate a lot of activity at airports, and is fairly prototypical of real airline schedules (and makes for a lot more interest when I land and take off at different airports).How do the rest of you feel about this?Check Six!!!!!Rick

Guest tcable

Check out ohn Stottlemiere's flightplans. his are weely schedules that generally have an airplane in the air in a realistic manner. However, they only cover domestic US flights- no Canada, Carribean or other international flights. I highly reccomend them. I'm doing some filling in of the international flights with world AI- those are generally out and back, but CO and US have some round robin flights-Co micronesia and US carribean flights can hit multiple destinations before returning to a US airport.Tim

>I belive those files aren't available anymore :-( I have all of them safely tucked away here. Perhaps he'll allow me to make them available. I'll certainly ask.However, that said... The one 'problem' I noted with the "Real Life" schedule for Southwest didn't become so glaringly obvious until the recent release of Simon's yRoute planner, and its unique ability to generate a graphical presentation of arrivals & departures.KORD is scheduled to handle 96 departures/hour for the largest part of the day, and that is with only Southwest plans! :)Using only the AA flight plans results in much the same pattern, hence I've had to do quite a bit of 'tweaking' and reshuffling to fit everything in.The one thing that separates John's flightplans from most of the others is that they use the WEEK schedule feature, with complete cycles for the entire week.That is the chief "shortcoming" of using real airline schedules: they simply have far more flights than FS2k2 is able to handle! :)So, given the fact that absolutely none but us (those who fly the sim) would be aware of the degree of 'realism' (seeing as how nearly all the 'flight activity' is totally invisible!), and that the main goal any of us seek to achieve is having a reasonable level of arrivals/departures with believable liveries...my focus has changed from total 'realism' to simulated 'realism.' :)Billhttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/images/Sysop.gif

Thanks for your feedback. Actually I do use John

When I create my FP I make sure that they run every 4, 6, 8, 12, or 24 hrs depending on where they are flight i.e LAX-LAS run every 4 hours, most of the time the ac are sitting after the return leg for no more than an 60-90 minutes (realistic time) depending on where the flight is departing to, EWR-LAX every 12 hours, ORD-EGLL every 20 hours, and so on. This is how my UAL, AW, National, and Spirit TT's work. And my UAL TT is updated w/ Intl flights that will be part of the Project AI first release.So far I have not run into time issues now that we have AFCAD running out of gate space is very rare :)John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.