Sign in to follow this  

AI aircraft not following tower instructions

I have an issue with an AI aircraft (in nil weather) calling the tower and advising its on a straight in apporach RWY11. The tower then instructs it to join left traffic for RWY29. The aircraft does not acknowledge and continues straight in RWY11 and lands without a clearance. It then turns off into the grass where there is no AFCAD taxiway programmed, continues across the grass direct to the main apron, rejoins a correct taxiway and parks correctly. I've double checked everything but need help - please???

I've had this strange behaviour, too. It seems as if the AI code sometimes gets confused when there is too much traffic. Some jets even land and shoot over at the end of the runway wandering around helpless for some time until they find their way back.I'm not aware of any solution...ckfly

My problem occurred when the aircraft in question was in fact the only airacraft in the sky near this particular airport - still trying to work out why though!

I was recently testing some timetables..very well done..and a cessna started off a nasty chain reaction..slowed down a plane..so much so..that 2 757s came into land,0.1 miles away from each other!!..when told to got around,he landed,stomped on the brakes..went through the other plane,then took off and went around.I think they need to clean their ears out!!

AI jet aircraft will never follow VFR landing instructions such as "fly left downwind runway 29". They cannot do it. Either they will ignore it and land anyway, or they just go on flying into the distance. The way to prevent this from happening is to load weather first and AI traffic second and not change the weather. If you're using FSMeteo and flying use the lock to or lock to destination functions. That way the wind direction won't change between the time that ATC vectors an AI aircraft for final approach and tower takes over to give clearance.

Thanks for your comprehensive reply and it certainly makes sense that the jets would not fly a circuit pattern in AI and that's what is probably happening.However, I have no weather loaded in these scenarios - I first 'clear all weather' and do not download any weather etc, ie the weather and wind is all nil. Then I go to the airport in question and wait patiently to test my arriving AI aircraft. It seems a little intermittant actually and I have noticed also that the same thing has happended to Dash 8's, where they are told to make a differnet traffic entry that which approach put them on, they ignore it and make no further transmissions etc.

HiI also get this problem, but usually when I have downloaded the weather and tower changes the active runway....all IFR AI then ignore Control and land on the now inactive runway -- with hilarious results!I've never had the problem unless I download the weatherRodders