Sign in to follow this  

Q about flight plans that are available for download

Hi, there are many flight plans that are out there available for download that represent real airlines flights.My question is if I was to import them are they made in a way not to take up the parking spaces?For example let's say flight from A to B leaves only once a week so does it mean it will be sitting in the gate and taking space for other aircrafts while it's out of service?orFlight from A to B runs only once a day so all the other hrs would it be blocking the gate?ThanksAndy

As usual, they vary in this aspect. Most of the plans that have multiple legs will usually be better than those that only have two legs per plan, but this isn't always true. You just have to download them and analyze whether they use their aircraft efficiently.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://members.aol.com/tgfltsim/index.htmlAlcoHauler Locomotive Page: http://members.aol.com/alcohauler/home/alcohaul.htmlFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

here is what i did to avoid holding up gates, i think it worked, i did plans for australian domestic flights, what i did was to make aircraft do multiple trips egdep yssy 6am arrive ymml 710am thendep ymml 8am arrive yssy 910am thendep yssy 10am arrive ymml 1110am ect ect ectplus i have another few aircraft leaving at 630am, 7am and 730 am, this means i have about 4 aircraft doing the whole days flight plans back and forth. You might say 4 aircraft isnt much ai but keep in mind i then have other destinations, other airlines and then international flights aswellcheers

Thanks for your help guys i will try the YRoute program.BTW you are right Roysa, this is what I do when I make my own flight plans make sure that aircraft is always moving for exmpleDEP PointA 00:00:00 Arrive PointB 01:30:00give him 30 min or soDEP PointB 01:55:00 Arrive back at PointA 03:25:00and reapeat the whole thing every 4hrs in this case since the round trip takes 3hr25min then 4hrs rounds are sufficient..and then I make the same flight five more times except add 10min to each departure so next goes 00:10:00 then 00:20:00, 00:30:00 etc. etc. and you have skies FULLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! Ofcourse gotta use AFCAD to add more gates :-)But it's lot's of work and good people helped by making additional flight for many airports so I will try the program if it can analize the plan and I can change it to make it go round and round then it be great!Thanks again for your responses.Andy

EDITEDGot it, found it never mind!Where do you find it?The links don't work, and on his page there is nothing like that only some ybooks, fscharts etc... ??ThanksPS I tried yRoute in avsim and flightsim.com comes back with nothing :-(

> EDITED> Got it, found it never mind!Where did you find it? It was in beta stage, any new version (mine is V 1.0.42) around?Thanks,ckfly

FSGateway.com., which hosts the yRoute site (and my site as well) is upgrading equipment and software. My site was down most of yesterday. Perhaps this one is still.

I have contacted the author of yRoute (Simon Haynes) and he has allowed me to offer yRoute for download from my site until he can get his site sorted out. See the url below, and go to the Utilities page.

>I have contacted the author of yRoute (Simon Haynes) and he >has allowed me to offer yRoute for download from my site >until he can get his site sorted out. See the url below, >and go to the Utilities page. Thanks Rich... I've been using Simon's program from the very first day he release it, and just wanted to keep up with the updates! :)Also, I just noticed the link for the new version of AFCAD... :)Thanks for providing such a rich resource.BTW, John Stottlemire has given permission for all of his original 7-day flightplans to be made freely available. Email me if you don't have all of them, and I'll send 'em to you. I would put them on my little site, but there's no point in scattering resources all over the webiverse! :)