Sign in to follow this  

used new AFCAD and now i lost all my ATC controls

hi i used the new AFCAD i opened up klax airport and then put in some gates, then i went to restore the airport, put my CD in fs2002 CD1, then i had an error with the scenery.cfg file, now i lost complete control of ATC, i cant talk to ATC and there are no AI traffic,i press the ` key and nothing happensps when i go to select airport from the frop down list, it is all empty, how do i restore it?help!thx!

Guest H_Kev55

AFCAD makes back-ups of the original afd files when you use the program. Just delete your edited version, and look for the file with the extension .ORIGINALSometimes when editing the file can get corrupted. It's like anything else you do tho, back up your work often. Which, in AFCAD, means exporting the file so you can save your work. Kev

thanks Kev,i panic quite a bit so i just did it the old fashion way of uninstalling and reinstalling FS2002:-scatter

why do so many people always reinstall FS2002? ;)Mine runs since the first day when it was released - without ever reinstalling anything. I tweak all day long and use nearly every addon, tool etc.An old programmers saying is 'Save early, save often...'Backup is the way to go...ckfly :)