Sign in to follow this  
Guest SD Sim

Two monitors & FS2002

I've tried running two monitors on FS, but I can only use the "undock window"- option, which runs fine, but is there a way to split the mainscreen itself onto the two monitors?(Like having the FO-view on the right)I mean, in the fashion shown with the new tri-view Matrox card?Joakim

I've not tried that yet, but I normally run the main window on my 19" monitor, and put GPS, Radio Stack etc on the 15" monitor. That might be an interesting experiment to try.when I get home. The only drawback would be the 2 different screen sizes in my case.MikeKOCF

Unless you have two machines and are using wideview, getting two monitors to display the outside view will eat up your frames. Even if you reduce the size of the second image (monitor 2) you will have frames in the single digits...In order for you to have a second view like you want, you'll need to run FS on a second networked machine, use wideview, and have the second image in slew mode. This will allow the second monitor to display an image that will auto accompany any moves made in the first monitor.Hope that this helps out...and sorry for the bad news.Regards,Jay

Guest lawyerpilot

My franrates go to less than one when I try to split the main view between a 19 and a 17. I can however, with nice results, put the GPS etc. over on the other monitor.>Unless you have two machines and are using wideview, getting >two monitors to display the outside view will eat up your >frames. Even if you reduce the size of the second image >(monitor 2) you will have frames in the single digits... >>In order for you to have a second view like you want, you'll >need to run FS on a second networked machine, use wideview, >and have the second image in slew mode. This will allow the >second monitor to display an image that will auto accompany >any moves made in the first monitor. >>Hope that this helps out...and sorry for the bad news. >>Regards, >Jay P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest SD Sim

Jay's advice is right on the mark, and if you have the cash, then running FS2K2 with WidevieW is a phenomenal experience. There is, however, one experiment that I have not tried. I have the Ti4600, which has two video output ports. With the nVidia card, you have the ability to stretch your desktop across two monitors. While you absolutely cannot create a new view window on the second monitor without obliterating your frame rate (I've tried that), it would be interesting to see if you can "stretch" the primary view across two monitors without the performance loss. In theory, the new Matrox card should have all the same capabilities as the Ti4600. I will try this experiment myself tonight and report back.

Guest lawyerpilot

I tried on my Radeon 7500 actually, but that's how I run my dual monitors now, out of the dual ports of the 4600. FR are still pretty low.P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPPrivate PilotAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Guest SD Sim

Bummer. Sounds like it isn't going to work, but I'll give it a shot anyways.

Guest SD Sim

Used nView to stretch my desktop across both monitors. Result is that FS2K2 only runs on one monitor. The other is left blank!! I suspect it has something to do with resolution settings, and I'm not sure that there is a way to make it work on both monitors in this particular mode. So chalk this one up as a failed experiment. The moral to this story appears to be - if you want more than one outside view running simultaneously, get a second computer (or third, fourth, etc... :-lol) and run WidevieW.