Sign in to follow this  

AI planes getting blocked

I reworked the gates at the Maui airport to match some great scenery that I downloaded. However, I've noticed if I'm parked next to an ai plane (default 737) and they receive clearance to taxi that they get stuck due to the presence of my aircraft (default 737). The only way to allow them to move is to slew my aircraft pretty far away. The thing is, even when I'm parked in the gate next to them, visually they should have plenty of room to turn around and taxi out.Is this somehow related to the radius I've read about? How does the sim determine how much space an ai plane needs to turn?Many thanks,Scott

Just guessing here if you use AFCAD make sure the green circles do not overlap... When I add gates I make sure they do not overlap and that the diameter doesn't overlap with building for example...Also when I place gates using FlightSim I use the biggest aircraft to slew and press the "o" this lets you see in FlightSim if you spin slowly aircraft yu can see if it colides with gate for example if it spins and doesn't look like its touching anything then it should be OK. Always place your gates using FlgithSim.Again just a guess of mineAndy

Interesting. I did a futher experiement. The aircraft parked next to me would not turn around if I was in the default 737. But when I switched to the cessna, it made almost the complete turn around then got stuck. I nudged the cessna a little away and it finished it's turn. If I had 2 ai default 737s parked next to each other, the departing aircraft would turn around with no problems.So what this seems to indicate is that the sim uses a different attribute for determining ai spacing vs. human controlled planes. Anyone have any idea what to change to make the sim give me less of a cushion?Btw, my parking spaces are not overlapping in afcad. But thanks for the suggestion.