Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

no show with Y route

Guest Frank Betts

I am wondering, I made a ficticious scenery. I added my airport correctly to the airport.txt file. I recompiled it. when I go to y route it does not recognize my airport name even thought it shows up on the add to area of the program. My question is, do I need that bgl and AFD file in a specific place or is it ok in my scenery folder that I have for all my add on scenerys? It is recognized of course in the airport look up when in Fs program. This is the only thing holding me up at this time. Thanks for any help.Frank.

I guess I don't understand - can you give a bit more detail? What bgl file is not where it normally is? The AFD file isn't necessary for yRoute's operation (I assume), but it will only look at the flightplan.txt file located in it's folder (as I remember). Are your flights in that file?Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://members.aol.com/tgfltsim/index.htmlAlcoHauler Locomotive Page: http://members.aol.com/alcohauler/home/alcohaul.htmlFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Frank Betts

Hey Tom This is frustrating. Guess I can't explain good enough what I need answered. Maybe that is my problem according to your response. I'll play it simple here. The bgl file that I have for my airport that I made up has to be in a specific place right for the yroute to recognize it? TTools is getting that airport info from a specific spot to compile right? scenerydb/world/scenery. Mine like i said is located away from that folder, maybe it is not finding my Bgl file? I don't know maybe you cannot add airports except what comes with Fs2002? ARGHHH I hate when I can't get a point across ;(Frank. Thanks for your patients Tom.

TTools does not use any scenery bgl file! It only compiles and decompiles the traffic.bgl. All needed info is in the three *.txt files. Also you need to create gates, taxiways, tower... for your new airport with AFCAD.Make sure both TTools and yRoute uses the same airports.txt.I use two folders for both programs. Edit with yRoute and copy the modified *.txt files into the TTools folder - then compile.ckfly

Hi folks, back again.yRoute doesn't use any information from BGL files. It only reads the airports in from the airports.txt file present in the same folder as the yroute.exe. As someone suggested, make sure you copy all three TXT files to yroute's path before you run yRoute (or do it, then click 'Reload all')On a side note I've managed to get enough room to put a copy of the yRoute page on my own site: www.spacejock.com The latest build is there, with destination estimate and a rudimentary route map, along with changes to the traffic charts.CheersSimon

Guest Frank Betts

Ahh thanks you guys your great exactly what I needed to hear. I am back in business. Thank you again. Great tools by the way. your really great contributers to this community.Frank Betts.