Sign in to follow this  

Cruise speed in aircraft.txt

"TrafficLook" shows the same resulting ground speed as "AI Tactical Display". I don't have AIMap installed.For a start, I've set the cruise_speed of the default B737 to 300. This produced about 480 knots ground speed (or KTAS, no winds etc.) at FL 300.What is needed now is a table of typical cruise speeds / altitudes for the usual jets. Then we can adjust the cruise_speed entry accordingly. In combination with the static_thrust there are now more parameters to fine tune the AI. And I think there's even more. I don't like all AI planes flying like the 737. Project AI uses (as far as I know) only standard air files, too.But we need more observations from people who can confirm this and give additional clues.ckfly