Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Project AI Aircraft

Guest mcleadbeater

Before I go through the long process of installing a whole load of new aircraft to assign to AI flightplans (and therefore change my AI assignments) can someone inform us what sort of effect Project AI aircraft have on FPS compare with, say, the default aircraft and POSKY's G-MAX models. Presumably there is a FPS big saving.ThanksMike

I can give you no FPS comparisions yet, but the Project AI aircraft are low polygon GMAX models. They are designed exactly for one purpose: to reduce the framerates.Simply use your favourite POSKY (or whatever) aircraft for flying and the Project AI or repaints of default aircraft for AI traffic.ckfly

>exactly for one purpose: to reduce the framerates. ...to IMPROVE the framerates!Sorry! :)ckfly

Well, I've installed just a few of the aircraft, replacing default and Posky models.There are some benefits on frame rate, but I think the big difference is when you can replace the most of the AI aircraft. So we have to wait for the release of more airlines.All the best,

Guest Boone

I've been using the Beta around the busiest airports (KORD/LAX) for quite some time and I am more than happy with this wonderful project.I find the best example to use (for frame rate hits and so on) is to compare these models with some static models available in the add-on airports. These g-max AI planes offer even less of a hit.There is nothing like making a landing on 14R at KORD at night in a Posky 777 and watching the line of planes ready to take off on 14L. With the flashing lights, taxiing planes & busy terminals, the whole experience has been brought just that little bit closer to As Real As It Gets.And this is with just three North American airlines. A true mile stone in MS Flight Simulation.Boone

I also have few of these AI aircraft just to check them out and unless you are right next to one of them they are a far representation of the aircraft. I like it alotAndrew