Sign in to follow this  

Project AI closed?

It seems that Project AI has shut down. That's too bad. PAI was meeting a definite need. In any case I would like to thank the hardworking members of the group for their outstanding efforts.

I just noticed this also!if you go to www.koheit.com it says "This account has been dissabled. To have this account restored contact Customer Service."Oh well, I wanted to download the patches for the 777 and MD-11.Anyone know what's going on?Erichttp://www.flycpva.org/images/banner4.jpgwww.flycpav.orghttp://www.cpavirtual.org/images/sqbanner2.jpgwww.flysva.org

Eric Thornton

I bet it is a bandwidth problem. It seems that if your product is wanted in the FS community, many hundreds of people will down load. Simple math says for every 100 people, that would be aboout 3 gb of project AI.

Project AI is not closed. I believe it is a bandwith problem as well, but I have no definite answer on exactly what is the problem.Mark

>There is a thread in our old forum if you want to keep >up-to-date on what is transpiring. >>http://www.sgair.net/cgi-local/Forum/AI/YaBB.pl Well, I certainly hope that it can get up and running again soon!Despite some initial problems , I have gotten them all resolved now and am enjoying heavy AI traffic at KORD without the massive hit on frame rate that even the *default* FS models cause!You folks have done a splendid service to the FS community. Of course, there are still some issues to resolve (like the DAL AC#'s not matching the aircraft.txt the autoinstall created), but nothing's perfect in the beginning.Best of luck!

Isn't playing around with it and tweaking it half the fun, Fr. Leaming?

>Isn't playing around with it and tweaking it half the fun, >Fr. Leaming? Just "Bill" is fine... :)Yep, that's true enough, but the other half is more like eating a keg of nails sometimes...

Why not post the flight plans and repaints on AVSIM? I understand the wanting to use the auto installer, but if the files were zipped as an executable, then the install could be done off line. Besides, asking people to accomadate a process that lets PAI manipulate files in ones computer while online is asking for a lot. That is one of the reasons getting a host is the problem from my understanding. Allowing people to install off line would allow users to read the instructions correctly, and not have to install ONLINE (using bandwidth) two or three times because some dialog box doesn't appear correct. I did it twice because of that. Having used ttools since V1, the response that the installer needed, was not the response I wanted to give because it wasn't the way ttools had operated before.A great product, but outta sight, outta mind.Wes