Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

Floating Aircraft at Visby Sweden

I have recently been constructing a series of AFCAD overlays forthe wonderful series of Freeware Swedish Airports by Lennart (Arvidsson) and Per. These can be viewed at Lennarts Website and downloaded from FSnordic.com. All has proceeded without any problemsuntil the last Airport Visby. The AI Aircraft in the vicinity of themain terminal 'float' about 2 feet off the tarmac. I have mentioned this to Lee Swordy but he is unsure why this should be. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps there might be a problem with the coding of the Airport BGL specifying the elevation of the tarmac.Lee noted in his reply to me' As far as I can tell though, the airport elevations in the facility files have no effect on the actual AI elevations while on the ground'. I have no problems with traffic tools and AFCAD other than this one which has got me stumped. Tom, if you or anyone else can help I would be most grateful. Visby is a delightful small/medium Airport on an Island near the sea, it would be great to enhance it further with properly working AI Aircraft.Many Thanks, Richard

Hi RJM,i have made an AFCAD file f

Guest Martin

I have that scenery installed, but I haven't made any changes to parking and taxiways at ESSV, and the aircraft are parked firmly on the ground.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Thanks Bodo,I might just leave it and hang around a bit at Visby to see if the aircraft settle to their correct elevation as you suggest.Interestingly if the AI Aircraft are in the vicinity of the hangars near the small grass runway at Visby they are on the ground, but as they Taxi past the main terminal they become elevated!If anyone is interested I have done new taxiways, parking and correctly placed runways for most of the Larger Norway Airports (Scenery V7 Latest Version as reviewed by Steve 'Bear' Cartwright)as well as the Swedish Airports. Drop me a line and I could E-Mail them to you or if interest is high I might upload them to this Website. Let me know what you think. Yes I do have a soft spot for Scandinavia. It must be because in Australia we have nothing like the spectacular mountains and Fjiords.All the Best, Richard

Guest Martin

I say upload them!You say you have a soft spot for Scandinavia, so I must ask, do you have a scenery for J

Martin,I have made an AFCAD File for Lennart and Pers Jonkoping. AlsoVaxjo Kronoberg, Angelholm, Gavle,(this one has to be added to the Airports.txt file I think), Halmstad and Landskrona. Because Vaxjo and Jonkoping have nice large turnarounds at the end of the runways the Aircraft Taxi down the centre, go around the turnaround and line up right on the centreline. I've found by trial and error that the best way to get the aircraft (which has to use the runway to taxi and line up on the centerline (where there is no large turnaround)), is to provide a complete taxiway ON THE RUNWAY, slightly to one side of centre. The Aircraft will taxi down this, loop around and line up on the center for takeoff.To date I havn't been able to get Lee's Loops to work correctly to enable a turnaround on the runway and the alternative method of making the runway line itself loop (a'la the latest Finnish Airports Ivalo and Varkaus which come with and AFCAD File at FSNordic.com)still result in a line up to one side of centre. For those of you interested I will check the list of Norway Airports V7 tonight, make sure they are completed and work correctly (I have checked most but not all)and try to post them and the Swedish Airports within a week or so.Regards, Richard

Guest Martin

Very interesting. Perhaps you could even upload the J

Guest RONVKING

Hi,While I don't have any background to scenery design etc, i notice both loc's mentioned are by water. Could this be a clue?I wonder if some elevations problems might exist somewhere?Rgds Ron

Yes, i am VERY interested.My mail: bvl@uni-koblenz.de

I had a floating aircraft problem with the simflyers KPHL scenery. Originally what happened was that i had posted a messgae on the simflyers forum because my progressive taxi lines were floating in the sky, I didnt get around to fixing it and then when I got the project AI planes installed I noticed they were floating in middair.So I found the email which had then got a response and tried it out and it seems to work. This might have been the solution to your floating planes at your airport too.This was the solution posted by some helpful person called Dave.First load FS2002 and go to the airport, in this case Simflyers KPHL and while on the ground press Shift Z once. This will show the current elevation of the cockpit of your aircraft. Subtract a few feet to get ground level. In the case of KPHL this will be around 24 feet. Exit FS2002. Start AFCAD and load the scenery file eg simflyers KPHL. In the centre of the airfield you will see a pink cross. This is the airfield reference point. Right click and select properties and edit the elevation field and then save. Even though this thread is old now and you probably got your solution sorted out, this still might be helpful for people reading the forum from new which is why I posted it.Craig Kiltie

>Finnish Airports Ivalo and Varkaus which come with and AFCAD >File at FSNordic.com)still result in a line up to one side By the way, it's www.fsnordic.net and not .com as we're not a commercial site ;)Cheers (= :-beerchug ),Sami PuroFS Nordichttp://www.fsnordic.net/