Sign in to follow this  
Guest MiguelSantos

AI aircraft disappearing

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi there, Some one could help me, if possible?I'm changing the SimFlyers airports sceneries, and yesterday I took some carefull attention to the behaviour of AI aircraft, because with the Philadelphia Airport done with almost all the gates (with AFCAD 1.22), the airport was almost full with Delta, US air and others aircrafts. (Plans from Project AI. What a great job from them)starting for example at 10:30 local time, in 5 minutes I was having about 8 to 12 aircrafts lined up on the taxiway waiting clearence for take off. What a show!! Everything fine, smooth and no jams or any other problems. At some time, there were about 15 aircrafts lined up on taxiway K to take off no 9L, and sunddenly appear another one from the south gates to take off and it has been given clearence whithout a problem.Some minutes after, I saw a US aircraft arriving to the 9R runway, and no problem: approach, landing, taxi and "gated".NOW THE PROBLEM:After that, some of the aircrafts that arrived simply vanished as soon as they were landed!!! As soon as the speed went down to taxi speed!!!! Disappeared, pure and simple!! In the past I knew this because of the lack of gates at the airports, but I can't be the case here, because I have something like 70 or 80 gates, with large majority beeing Medium size gates, and at that time something like 25 to 30 aircrafts already toke off!!!!Any one can give me a clue??MiguelPortugal

I noticed they usually disappear on the runway after the second go around. Another possibility: they crashed on landing (???).ckfly

They may also disappear when they land cuz they are late. :-)What I did my aircraft in flightplans are set at 300 some at 330 this gives them more time to make the flight so they will have a time for go around... but in the air they will fly normal at whatever speed FS decides that 300 only used for route time calculation (time needed to colmpete the flight).But it's strange that they all would disappear after the first one.. unless they were all late. :-)AndyEdited: didn't read your message you say "After that, some of the aircrafts that arrived simply vanished as soon as they were landed!!!"So I asumme not all vanished, my guess would be the ones that disappeard were late in fact.

Guest MiguelSantos

CKFLY:I don't think so, because they land perfectly, and as soon they slow down to taxi speed they disappear...Erob64:It's impossible, because as soon as the first plane arrive, almost 15 had already left the airport! Only if there is a bug at FS2002 that don't make available some of the gates to receive new aircrafts!!Andy:Probably it's what's going on. Butthe flightplans weren't made by me, they are from Project AI. I don't think they are so late!!!!One possibility is that there aren't sufficient gates at the moment you start for the a/c that should be at the airport, and some minutes after you start they arrive (late). But I don't think MSFS works like this. But who knows....Thanks all any way.Miguel

What you can do is Note an Aircraft that is landing it's number that is, ofcourse before it lands (after the number disappears). If this aircraft landed and vanished note what time it landed (what time it disapperad in ZULU Time GMT for easy findings) then open your flightplans.txt and find the number that the aircraft had eg. N1234. You will this way find the flgiht plan for this aircraft.NOTE: There might be sometimes more then 1 with this number so you will have to figure out by the type of airplane you seen land or dest. dep. points.If you use ProjecAI flight plans I don't think there should be more then one but just in case. My flight plans many have the same number I am too lazy to change it I just copy and paste and rename dest. and dep. with Excell and edit times in NOTEPAD, but you shouldn't have any doublesFOR EXAMPLE THIS IS THE FLIGHT YOU FOUND:IMAGINE YOU ARE IN "KIND". you will have KPHL but that's irrelevant right now.AC#10,ORDIND1,50%,2Hr,IFR,00:00:00,00:45:49, 322 ,F,0012,KIND,01:00:00,01:45:49, 331 ,F,0012,1ORDNow you might have seen your aircraft at let's say at 04:55:00Note how it should land at KIND 00:45:49 (but as the flgiht repeats every 2HRS) next time it lands there should be 02:45:49 and next at 04:45:49 and it has 15min to taxi to gate and ask for clearance back at 01:00:00 or next at 03:00:00 and next at 05:00:00.Now if your arrived at 04:55:00 then it would be too late for it to taxi to gate and then takeoff on time at 05:00:00 or it might have landed at 05:05:00 then FS would allow it to land but then would see that it should take off 5min ago but it only landed just now so the heck with it it's too late and so FS deletes it.Now it's easier to find out if it's late then it seems here from my writting, but it's one possibility that may show if the planes vanish because of late arrival or because of some other reason.Hope it helps.Andy

Guest MiguelSantos

Thanks Andy, I'll make some testes like the ones you said and see what is going on.ThanksMiguel