Sign in to follow this  

Help! My AI Aircraft have gone poof--ALL OF THEM!!

Folks, I feel I ought to know why, but I can't figure out what has happened.I loaded up FS2K2 and suddenly there were no AI Aircraft anywhere!!! None on the ground, none in the air, and none showing up in AI Map. When I tried to open AI Tactical Display, FS crashed.I checked Options/Settings/ATC and Traffic Percent is still where it has always been--100%. I checked my ...FS2002SCENEDBATCScenery folder and Traffic.BGL is still there--all 22+ MB of it.I know it was working fine before I attempted to run the ProjectAI Online Installer which bombed out because their site was down. But I am not sure whether that had anything to do with it or not.Any ideas???NOT SO Happy Flying! :(Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

Exerpts from other threads:"RE: What happened to my AI?" Go to your FS2002aircraft directory and look for the presence of the file "default.dp". For some reason this file can be deleted inthe processes of running aircraft auto-installation programs. The file can be found on Disk 1 of your FS2002 CD in theAIRCRAFT.zip file. All you have to do is open the zip file and drag and drop the missing file over to your FS2002aircraft rootdirectory. Restart FS and you should be back in business with AI traffic. Good luck. Todd Rauppius The missing AI Aircraft were found. I compared the files in the MAIN AIRCRAFT folder on two differant computers and discoveredthat the computer that had the missing AI was also missing 4 files that is supposed to be in the main AIRCRAFT folder, alongwith the files for all of the default aircraft. Here are the 4 files that brought the AI Aircraft back to my computer that was missingthem.1. default .DP 2kb2.default.CDP 2kb3. kneeboard_keys TXT 8 kb4. Airlines.CFG 1 kbThanks to Todd Raupplus for the correct answer to my problemJerrycwo4 -- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://members.aol.com/tgfltsim/index.htmlAlcoHauler Locomotive Page: http://members.aol.com/alcohauler/home/alcohaul.htmlFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Since I have typed this solution about 500 times, you need the default.dp file, the default.CDP will be generated by FS2002 at the next restart.Most times default.dp is the file missing. If you also reinstall airlines.cfg remember it will only have the default names, you need to use the updated file that contains all the Airline names or get the text files with all the names and cut and paste them to the airlines.cfg file.

Hi Tom and Sieffert,THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!That was it!I did a search for "default.dp". As a result, I found the 4 files had somehow been moved into a subfolder under one of the more recent aircraft I had installed. When I moved them back to the Aircraft folder, bingo! My AI returned!I still have not figured out how that happened. The particular aircraft I had installed was a relatively simple manual install--there was no auto-install involved.So I guess it is MAYBE a "mea culpa" thing??? But the particular way it was moved still does not seem to make sense as something I would have done--even by accident.So I guess it is a mystery that shall remain unsolved for the moment. But I did learn something and I made a backup copy of the 4 files in another location so I can put them back if they somehow move again.But again, THANKS to you both so much for the info!!!!Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

>So I guess it is a mystery that shall remain unsolved for >the moment. But I did learn something and I made a backup >copy of the 4 files in another location so I can put them >back if they somehow move again. I made this 'discovery' many months ago when the same thing happened to me.I simply marked all of the files "read only" and have never had a problem since... :)

I wonder why FS2002 needs (or uses) the *.dp file (damage profile) at all! Maybe the programmers simply forgot to disable the code in ai_player.dll, which clearly shows some "artefacts" from cfs2?I'm just curious if we could take advantage of some entries?ckfly

GOOD IDEA!Thanks Bill!Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)