Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

TTools Max Aircraft

Guest Joshieca

With the latest issue of Traffic Tools is there a max number of aircraft you can have in your aircraft.txt file?Mine sits at 237. I thought that 250 was the max, but this might have changed...anyone know?http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif

There is no limit. The reason the processing stopped at 237 is because you've made an error in the aircraft.txt file. Ensure that the numbering is sequential, that you have not left out any required commas or quotation marks.

Just to clarify?!>There is no limit.I am up to 461 already!!>Ensure that the numbering is sequential ..If you are using TTools v1.2 then sequential numbering isn't a problem?From the HELP doc:-"Aircraft that are out of numeric sequence in the Aircraft.txt file no longer cause a problem.">.. ,that you have not left out any required commas or quotation marks. More than likely the cause!Peter Leadbeater,Air Pierre, Warrington, UK.

>Just to clarify?! >>>There is no limit.>>I am up to 461 already!! Well, there is a practical limit of (IIRC) 64,000 some-odd, simply because that's the largest number available for that field by MS.Thank goodness that 'sequential numbering' is no longer an issue, since I used a number convention based loosely on the old 'line numbering scheme' used with COBOL programming..."...never use sequential numbers, since you'll always need to insert a new line or two into your code!"I noticed that PAI has adopted a similar scheme to mine, but their's is arranged by Airline, Type; where mine is by Type, Airline.I think their's is more workable, so I'm going to change mine to match... :) After all, when planning a new route, one seldom asks, "I've got this lovely 737-200, where should I send it?"Rather, the question typically is, "I need US Air to fly from X to Y, what type a/c are available for that route?"

Guest Joshieca

>There is no limit. The reason the processing stopped at 237 >is because you've made an error in the aircraft.txt file. >Ensure that the numbering is sequential, that you have not >left out any required commas or quotation marks. The reason mine stopped at 237 is thats because thats all I am using at this point for AI aircraft. :-) But its good to know that I wont be hitting the limit anytime soon. Thanks.......Josh

Guest H_Kev55

Yo Josh,Where have you been my friend?I'm up to just over 500 aircraft in my file now. With the addition of some fS98 aircraft that I now use for AI. Boy, it sure adds up quick eh?Kev

Guest Joshieca

Hey Kev....Well I have trying to get rid of a little virus program I have had for about one week now.. :(But all is better now.... :)I used to have a lot more aircraft, but I am currently trying to only use aircraft which are GMAX or repaints of the default for frame rate reasons. Those tend to work the best I have found....plus I still haven't fully recovered all of my aircraft since my last major system crash back in Dec 01. :(Oh well.....good to hear from you!

I experienced it in a similar, more strange way.Compiling, I got an error(termination of ttcompile, just hanged up) at flightplan #17thousandwhatever. Checked the flightplans.txt for the flight. Flightplan should have been valid...Removed this flight (saved copy) -> compilation finished ok.I then put it in at the end of the txt file unaltered ... strangely, it works here. same fp, same aircraft...ToMey