Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

New twist on disappearing AI planes

Hmmm...I did check to make sure the last turn was under 90 degrees. Not sure what else to change. I'll fiddle with it some and see what I can come up with.

Hi Tom.Can you tell us the airport name and gate number of one of the gates you changed and what you changed the geometry to? Was it a stock airport? I realize that what works with your setup might not necessarily work on Elederberry's and mine. But it's worth a shot to see if we can duplicate your success in fixing the problem by applying as close to the same fix as possible that you have.Thanks for your suggestions!Jeff

Tom, I changed everything I could change on the gate and nothing helped. It's a perplexing problem.

I agree. I never had this problem at a stock airport, only ones I made myself. I have been able to fix mine, but it is very much a trial and error process. I would bet that you have a different problem, but I have no idea what it is... You could check if this is a gate problem by reordering your gates in the AFCAD Parking List, and seeing if the same plane leaves OK from a different gate.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Tom, thanks for the suggestions but I've tried different aircraft and different gates in all combinations I can think of. I've reordered gates and changed gate sizes in AFCAD several times.Only thing that makes any difference is the airplane. Addon planes disappear at the gate without moving. Stock fs2k2 planes will leave the gate and start to taxi but disappear on the way to the runway.I'm stumped.

I had a similar problem. Double check to insure that there is a connected path all the way to the runway. It was driving me nuts. Everything looked ok, but when I zoomed way in I noticed that a couple of nodes weren't connected.

Souvlaki,I'm pretty sure this isn't the problem because an aircraft that already exists at the "problem gate" when FS is first started gets it's clearance and taxis to the runway just fine. It's only happening to those aircraft that land, taxi to, and park at the "problem gate" for a while. But, when they then reach their departure time, they disappear.Jeff

Hey Mike,I just thought of something, but don't have time to test it now. What about the tail number and/or the flight number? If there are two or more flights with the same registration and/or flight number, does that cause the problem?I'll check it out later when I get the time, but if you beat me to it, that's okay by me.Jeff

Jeff, I've been using unique tail number and flight number so I don't think that's it.