Sign in to follow this  

Project AI Schedules

The only problem I have with Project AI is the lack of any documentation. Does anyone know how to load the schedules? I have downloaded several schedules for the appropriate airlines but I have no idea how to load them. Do I load them by hand with TTools?thanks for any help.Brian

Guest H_Kev55

Since the flight plans/schedules come in a text format, all you have to do it copy and paste these into your flight plan text file in TTools. And don't forget to compile afterwards.If you've ever done this before you would have recognized the procedure as being pretty simple and quick.If you have any problem, I would suggest posting on the PAI forum if you haven't already.Let me know if I can assist you.Kev

They do have an installation program and the software for each airline to auto-install all flights & planes. Since I don't have a broadband internet connection, I chose to ignore the autoinstaller and instead only downloaded the schedules and the planes. I installed the manually with the hlep of ttools (paintkits in the fs2k2 aircraft folder, a folder for each texture, flightplans copied into flightplans.txt, airplanes added to airplanes.txt.) All works fine!Hope this helps, best regardsAlex

Alex:I downloaded the auto-installer first and installed the program but then realized that it installed the program but no planes. I then downloaded the airlines but while each had an auto-installer, that seemed to be just for the airline and it's planes, but not for the schedules. The schedules are a separate download and I was stumped as to the next step.I guess I will try Ttools by hand. I am very surprised that PAI didn't make this part automatic (or maybe they did and it's just not obvious how to do it).Brian

Guest Stamatis

Are you sure about that?I first went to the Downloads section, clicked inside the WEB DOWNLOADS AREA box, where it says ProjectAI Auto-InstallersThen I first clicked on Please download base installer FIRST, click here This downloads the basic installer.After that I downloaded all the airline installers I wanted, from the same page.Then, I ran the Base Installer first, specifying the GA install. This installs all the aircraft models but w/o any textures and replaces any existing traffic.bgl file with a basic PAI traffic.bglAfter that, I starting running each airline auto-installer, one after the other. This adds the airline-specific aircraft textures and the flight plans for each airline. In fact, this process runs the Ttools Decompiler and Compiler every time a new airline is installed exactly in order to add this airline's flight plans. This decompilation-recompilation takes a lot of time, but is completely automatic and idiot proof :-) All one needs is... patience.It seems to work fine.Stamatis

Exactly what I did and it worked perfectly!My only Boo-boo was to install the basic on the wrong harddrive, I didn't pay attention to the suggested folder which tried to go to my main WinXP folder. But that was my mistake not ProjectAI's!I just uninstalled and reinstalled to the correct drive! Moral - Watch what you are doing and read the text that comes on the screen, don't hit OK until you are sure it is correct!!

>After that, I starting running each airline auto-installer, one >after the other. >This adds the airline-specific aircraft textures and the flight >plans for each airline. In fact, this process runs the Ttools >Decompiler and Compiler every time a new airline is installed >exactly in order to add this airline's flight plans. This >decompilation-recompilation takes a lot of time, but is completely >automatic and idiot proof All one needs is... patience.Still confused.After installing the Base Installer and the Airline of choice Installer, I have found traffic.bgl and a backup one in FS2002SCENEDBATCSceneryIn which is found an Aircraft.txt, an Airports.txt and a FlightPlans.txt and that's all.I may be an idiot, but there are no flight plans for each airline installed.I assume that I take the two downloaded airline schedule files ( that are another d/l) and stick them in FS2002SCENEDBATCScenery as well? If not, where the hell do I put them?http://members.rogers.com/jkanold/jimlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Guest Stamatis

"I assume that I take the two downloaded airline schedule files ( that are another d/l) and stick them in FS2002SCENEDBATCScenery as well? If not, where the hell do I put them?"You must have obviously followed a different path than I did.I did not have to copy/move any file after installation. All was taken care automatically, via the autoinstaller(s).Stamatis

Brian,I'm sorry not to be able to help you on the autoinstall thing, because I didn't try it myself due to the big file sizes for the downloads. I'm perfectly happy with my results (well, the A310s won't land...). But I hope, the other folks around here will be able to help you, seems there are many good advices.Alex

Jim,if you don't want to read the TTools documentation in detail then get yRoute and/or AITM. You'll need these tools anyway...ckfly

Guest Captain Barfbag

If you're going to do this, you really, REALLY want TTools. It is the most versatile add-on available for FS. TTools lets you take complete control of all AI aircraft, and it is very easy to use. Its documentation is clear and concise, and even includes slightly off-topic hints that you may find useful (like how to make an aircraft AI-only again after you've tossed its .air file and replaced it with the stock 737.) If you want to have a Sopwith Camel fly around your local airport on Sundays only, you can do that. If you want to have George W fly Air Force One from Andrews down to Jose Marti to visit his friend Fidel, you can do that too. When you get to the point of airport overlays to allow multiple runways and to control traffic-to-terminal activity, you're going to use TTools as well.

To make sure you don't have flight dupes.. Install TTools Companion. It's a saviour! :)I found some dupes in the Project AI file. Julian