Sign in to follow this  
Guest hefy_jefy

How to make PAI planes land?

I tried the PAI A340 today and didn't land, it retracted the gear again after floating for about 3/4 of the runway and went missed.Is there any way to modify the PAI planes, other than replacing the .air and .cfg files with one from some other plane?thanksand sorry if it has been asked before...couldn't find it.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Probably there is not room enough for the AI at the airport. Try adding some gates.Nacho Temi

Nacho,I think if there were not enough parking spaces at the airport, the plane will land correctly and after it comes to a full stop, it will disappear. His plane does not land at all, so I think the only way to fix this, is to change the .air file or try another plane from another designer.Best Regards and safe flights!Holger (German Eagle) SchleenhainRuesselsheim (near EDDF):-wave GERMANY :-wave____________________________________________________________________Windows XP Prof.AMD Athlon 1330 DDR-266; ASUS A7A266; 512MB-DDRASUS AGP-V8200 T5 Pure (nVIDIA gFORCE3 Ti 500) 64MB DDR-SDRAM, Det. 23.11SB PCI 512CH Flight Sim Yoke USB CH Pro Pedals USBGoFlight-user

Guest HeavyFan

hey there Jimmy!! I had a problem with the PAI A-340 alos! As I assigned the flight plan with that plane to be 17,000ft and it climbed to 31,000ft and held it there!! PAI has made great looking aircraft for AI But thier Air files on some planes are really bad and Whacky!!!! I see the PAi MD-11 and 777's come in on final in which they NOSE DIVE to the runway at a very steep angle!! Sometimes it touches down with the nose wheel first bounces, catches air again then lands Correctly half way down the runway!!!! Very crazy AI Pilots! LOL. But to fix the PAI A-340 i used the PAI 747-400 Air File with it and now it works pretty good!! The 747-400 Air File for the PAi 747 is the only one so far that i have seen land pretty normal, So thats why i used it with the A-340! I am still testing the rest to see if they land OK, lotsa work to do this thing!! The PAI 757 also is pretty good on Landing and Inflight! Hope this helps your Problem! MIKE-:)

Nice find Mike! :)Please tell us what else you have found because I will mostly do the same changes. Julian

Guest hefy_jefy

This may not be the only problem. I canot make even the standard Cessna land properly, the behaviour is exactly as described. But this at "non-standard" airports (I have made all the necessary changes with AFCAD etc)It seems to be related to high ground, I can make it work perfectly at a standard airport or in the middle of flat country side, but move to a hilly loaction and the AI planes behave as if they are trying to descend but are not allowed to get close enough to the ground. Not helped by the fact they seem to be incapable of a "short" approach.I have given up and just let them fly off into the distance, at least the airports "look" busy...Geoff