Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Maximum

HI,again a question: Is there a limit how many AI aircraft can handle simultaneously per airport? I have about 2 dozen flights scheduled for LEPA to arrive within 60 Minutes, but when I check, about 6 or 7 show up...And, before anyone asks, yes, I've got about 25 free gates available.Would adding an additional overlay airport help?Any idea anyone?Thanks,Torsten

HiI don't no the maximum aircraft on a airportI have on EHAM (Schiphol Amsterdam The Netherlands)115 aircraft's and about 125 gates and parkings. Jan EHAM

Guest Captain Barfbag

What do you mean by "when I check?" Do you sit by the active runway and watch planes land, or do you taxi around and look at who is at the gates?There are a number of things that can go wrong. If the entry in the Aircraft.txt file is not valid for any reason, the aircraft will not show up. You can test this by going to each aircraft's start airport at the start time of the flight and making sure you see that aircraft leave.With that many gates, I assume you have fixed up LEPA with AFCAD. If you don't have good taxiways to the gates, planes will not get to the gates. If you see all the planes land this may be your problem.Did all these planes come from towered airports? AI needs a tower at an airport. I don't know exactly what happens if the airport has no tower, but some features will not work.Planes which "go missed" will circle and come back, but there is a limit to how many times they will do that before AI drops them. If too many planes are scheduled in a short time this can happen.Are the missing planes the ones that came with FS2K2 (or repaints of these planes) or are they downloads? Many downloads will taxi all right (even without landing gear - yuk) and most will take off as AI planes, but very few will land properly. The most common problem I've seen is aircraft which land short and disappear a mile from the runway. Some land on the runway and then disappear. To check this, replace the missing planes with standard FS2K2 planes (which are all well-behaved) and see what happens.

Love the handle - Captain Barfbag - Good old yank and bank, with the ball always out of center!!:-lol