Sign in to follow this  

PAI Aircraft From AutoInstaller Running AMUCK

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello,Well I started from scratch again, now I get aircraft, only this is what it looks like.

Since your picture didn't take (under exposed, I guess), did you start with the Base download first? Make sure you add the general aviation in the base download, then add the other downloads.

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello,Yeah, I started with the base installer, then added all the airline files. Now the aircraft that do show up are sideway, nose down, upside down, some are standing on its tail.I installed the base and airlines following the instructions. The aircraft I installed manually work fine.I don't know why AVSIM will not allow me to upload the photo's. I press click to choose my file next to attcahment and nothing happens.Mike

Your photo file size may have exceed the limit of 125KB. I don't know what to tell you about your problem since my auto install went smoothly, except for my bonehead error of using the recommended default folder, which is not were my FS2002 resides. The base uninstaller worked well, deleting the files it put in the wrong folder, so I can vouch for it working also.

Guest H_Kev55

Michael,Have you posted this problem on the PAI forum?The designers there may have the answer to your question.Kev

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

I will add this problem to their list.Hope the photos upload this time.Mike

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello,Yeah, I started with the base installer, then added all the airline files. Now the aircraft that do show up are sideway, nose down, upside down, some are standing on its tail.I installed the base and airlines following the instructions. The aircraft I installed manually work fine.I don't know why AVSIM will not allow me to upload the photo's. I press click to choose my file next to attcahment and nothing happens.Here are the two photos, this will give you an idea of what i'm talking about.http://www.creative-creations.net/SimSouthwest/Image1.jpghttp://www.creative-creations.net/SimSouthwest/Image2.jpgMichael

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello,Well; with the help of David over at PAI, the problem has been found. It seems the airline auto-installer corrupted all the aircraft.cfg files, don't know why this happened. I had to edit and replace all of the aircraft.cfg files manually.So, if any of you are having this problem. Chances are the config files are corrupt.Michael

Did it corrupt the fs2002 default aircraft or just the PAI aircraft?

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hi,Its not just a line that is corrupt. The entire cfg file was almost destroyed. Take their paintkit aircraft.cfg file for each aircraft you want (example=B747,B757,B777,MD11), you need to delete the [fltsim.0] section at the top of their aircraft.cfg file.It looks like this:[fltsim.0]title=PAI B744 PAINT KITsim=pai744model=panel=sound=texture=atc_id=atc_airline=atc_flight_number=0atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Boeing 747-400ui_variation=PAINT KITdescription=Project Ai B747-400 Only for use with Ai Traffic!DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING ELSETHENAdd your [fltsim.x] entries so that it looks like the example I posted. Double check to make sure that the [fltsim.x] entries are in numerical order with no duplicates like they are in this example.Example of a few B747 aircraft I have setup:[fltsim.0]title=PAI B744 AFRsim=pai744model=panel=sound=texture=AFRatc_id=atc_airline=AIR FRANCEatc_flight_number=0atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Boeing 747-400ui_variation=Air Francedescription=Project Ai B747-400 Only for use with Ai Traffic![fltsim.1]title=PAI B744 BAWsim=pai744model=panel=sound=texture=BAWatc_id=atc_airline=BRITISHatc_flight_number=0atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Boeing 747-400ui_variation=British Airwaysdescription=Project Ai B747-400 Only for use with Ai Traffic![fltsim.2]title=PAI B744 VIRsim=pai744model=panel=sound=texture=VIRatc_id=atc_airline=VIRGINatc_flight_number=0atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Boeing 747-400ui_variation=Virgin Atlanticdescription=Project Ai B747-400 Only for use with Ai Traffic![fltsim.3]title=PAI B744 CPAsim=pai744model=panel=sound=texture=CPAatc_id=atc_airline=CATHAYatc_flight_number=0atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Boeing 747-400ui_variation=Cathay Pacificdescription=Project Ai B747-400 Only for use with Ai Traffic![fltsim.4]title=PAI B744 KLMsim=pai744model=panel=sound=texture=KLMatc_id=atc_airline=KLMatc_flight_number=0atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Boeing 747-400ui_variation=KLMdescription=Project Ai B747-400 Only for use with Ai Traffic![fltsim.5]title=PAI B744 UALsim=pai744model=panel=sound=texture=UALatc_id=atc_airline=UNITEDatc_flight_number=0atc_heavy=1ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Boeing 747-400ui_variation=Uniteddescription=Project Ai B747-400 Only for use with Ai Traffic!Hope this helpsMike

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hi,Not that I have seen so far!. The FS2002 default files are ok.Mike

I looked at my aircraft.cfg files and they were fine.