Sign in to follow this  
brandon

anyone from Honolulu?

I want to use AFCAD to make multiple overlays for Honolulu International Airport but I need to know which runways do they normally use. Anyone who lives there, or who knows which ones they use can ypu please tell me.Thanks

Guest HeavyFan

Hey BRANDON! Well I live on Oahu and can tell you that during day to day Operations at PHNL Intl they use Runway 8L & 4R! Most of the HEAVY Jets use 8L during the day with the Tradewinds, also the small jets and Some HEAVY jets like Fed Ex use Runway 4R! Then after 7:00p.m, the Heavy jets are Restricted for Noise to use Runway 4R only! And If the Winds come from Kona Side the Heavy Jets use 26L For landing and the small jets use 26R! So I hope that is the info you need! Also all the Heavy's during the day and Night use Runway 8R for Take-off's and 26L or 22L for Takeoff's if there are KONA winds!! Hope this helps and hope you Upload these for us to use!! MIKE-:)

Guest H_Kev55

Brandon,Why don't you first pick up Bill Melchiars hawaiin airport sceneries..I think you'll be more satisfied with the final outcome when the airports look more realistic.You should be able to find theme here at avsim.Kev

Hi Kev,I am using his scenery. This is also what I made the overlays for since I did not like the default scenery.