Sign in to follow this  

More callsigns for new voicepack editor

Is anyone working on even more callsigns than those provided with the tool (or is there already a support site)?I've done Eurowings. It's really very easy to edit or create new callsigns, but some sound very bad (like Hapag Lloyd).ckfly

Guest lmoelleb

Currently there is no official site for EditVoicepack.As stated in the readme file, it is the plan to add support for centralized updating voicepacks, and in order to do that, I will have to create a site for it. In order to get the full flexibility I would like, I would have to host it on a web server with .Net installed, and this is a problem - I am not sure my ADSL connection is really up to the speed.I will consider other posibilities (for example not fully automated, but each "pack" included in it's own installer).In the meantime, feel free to upload your files whereever you like, and please send them to me as well, I might include them in the next version.Also, instead of complaining over Hapag LLoyd, you should make a better version and share it with the rest of us :)

>I will consider other posibilities (for example not fully >automated, but each "pack" included in it's own installer). Why not a simple export/import feature like in AFCAD?>Also, instead of complaining over Hapag LLoyd, you should >make a better version and share it with the rest of us :) I'm working on it - but I must admit, Hapag-Lloyd is *really* difficult. :)ckflyEurowings is attached for everyone to download:

Guest lmoelleb

You can already export and import like in AFCAD - I was more thinking something like Project AI, except it should be easy to keep up to date and it should still be possible to disable some of the "base sounds" and use your own.Of course a fully featured site would allow playback of all the uploaded variations for a specific airline / airport / whatever, and then it would default to the one most people have used lately. But don't ever expect that functionality unless you offer to implement and run it :)

>In the meantime, feel free to upload your files whereever >you like, and please send them to me as well, I might >include them in the next version. One point that I'm not totally clear on...I've already updated the .gvp with your changes/additions, but if I create a *new* entry, do I have to also include the previous changes also? The doc file you included is excellent, but for some reason this particular point didn't grok with me. :)

Guest lmoelleb

Ups, yes, I forgot to mention the export function clear enough - rightclick a node in the treeview and select export - this will export your additions one by one.

Hi, Lars!After updating I have lost the callsigns "Scandinavian" and "Swissair" - how do I get these back?:-(

Hi LarsI've got the same problem, Speed Bird is missing as well - If I restore, they are back - but then I not getting any of the new call signs.I'll try to restore USEnglishBig.gvp tonight - maybe it has somewhat been damaged.Still I'll have to say that this is a really neat programme - Thanks!!-Lars H

Guest lmoelleb

I have no idea why it is happening, but if I use Danish regional settings in my English XP, it will indeed loose a nunmber of callsigns. With English regional settings this does not happen. I have not yet found out why it happens - I guess that is something for my holiday.Please notice that the individual settings of time/currency/date/keyboard/etc does not seem to matter. I normally run US regional settings, Danish keyboard layout, 24H format,

>Ups, yes, I forgot to mention the export function clear >enough - rightclick a node in the treeview and select export >- this will export your additions one by one. Thank you, Lars... but that didn't really answer the question I asked... :)Let me try once more to phrase the question properly.1) I've run the program and made the changes in the sample.xxx file.2) I've created a *new* a/c manufacturer: Socata and type: TB203) When I update the gvp again, must I also re-run the contents of the sample.xxx file as well?In other words, are the updates cummulative, or are must previous changes be repeated in the new update?Hopefully, that is phrased clearly enough... :)

Guest lmoelleb

Hmm, I assumed you asked about the part not in the readme file. :) As mention in the section for Update Voicepack (well, probably not clear enough, but I'm not a technical writer):"Writes the defined words to the Flight Simulator voice file. Any previously defined words not included any more, will be removed. If you want to include words from different files, use the Import functionality first."So, if you run Update Voicepack, the original phrases + the phrases currently loaded into EditVoicepack will be available. Any updates done before is lost.I know this is a strange behaviour - it's however a step in the right direction of version 2, where you will not have load and save - you will have an installed program with a data file (the one you load and save now) with a fixed name being loaded every time you start EditVoicepack. You will then use Export and Import to change this file (don't worry, export will allow full export so you can make a backup). Next to your custom file there will be one or more files containing predefined callsigns etc. These can be updated without effecting your own data.

It seems that I have an unknown problem running the program. Everytime I double click on 'EditVoicepack.exe' I get this message:"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.Process id=0x7cc (1996), Thread id=0x668 (1640).Click OK to terminate the application.Click CANCEL to debug the application."I'm running Windows XP.Any idea of what is happening????!!!!Thanks,,,Desert Jockey

Lars,I must apologize for not understanding clearly Fr Bill's post and your reply.(it is probably my age.)I have done the following: 1/Created a new callsign. 2/Saved the file. 3/Imported the file? 4/Updated the Voicepack file.The result of the above is that the new file is recognized.However when I add an additional callsign with the same procedure the new callsign is recognized but the previous callsign disappears.What am i doing wrong?If Father Bill can help me I agree to say three Our Fathers in his honour.Henry

>The result of the above is that the new file is recognized. >However when I add an additional callsign with the same >procedure the new callsign is recognized but the previous >callsign disappears. >>What am i doing wrong? >>If Father Bill can help me I agree to say three Our Fathers >in his honour. Henry,Lars just confirmed what I had initially thought. In order to preserve *previous* changes/updates that were made, you must send both the original changes/updates + your new changes/updates....at lease, until version 2.0 fixes this quirk! :)So, knowing that... instead of having a whole bunch of little files to remember to load, I'll just ADD to the existing "sample.vcpmod" file!

Thanks for EurowingsHere you have Austral, Air Zimbabwe, Brunei, Tunisair and Virgin BlueRename attachment to .vcpmod and IMPORT it to the file you have already updated the voicepack with (if any), and then update again (otherwise you will lose the previous update).