Sign in to follow this  
brucek

AI Airline Flight Plans (with TTools).

I'm seeing a great number of specific (real) airline flight plans in the AVSIM library, some relevant for only some airports. I also see some consolidated flight plans for several airlines together.Does anyone have a specific recommendation for AI flight plan file(s) for real airlines that I can compile with TTools? Thanks,Bruce.

It all depends on what you want. But I wouldn't use flight plans designed only for specific airports because there will be problems when you later add other plans.There are some "real" flight plans by John Stottlemire for US airlines.Worldai10a.zip by Ian Webber gives you the most complete AI traffic around the world with about 180 airlines!And of course Project AI gets better every day. :)ckfly

Guest Stamatis

"Does anyone have a specific recommendation for AI flight plan file(s) for real airlines that I can compile with TTools?"Since you ask, I would recommend PAI (Project AI). They provide the airline-specific flight plans and the aircraft that fly them, all in one package. Furthermore, you don't need to compile anything, compilation is done automatically by the auto-installers.30 airlines have been already released. I have installed them and my initial impression is very positive.Stamatis

Guest Joshieca

I would recommend you find and install the flight plans on your own. This way you have more control over the amount of flights you have.There are several plans availble here on AVSIM...they are all very easy to use and install....For more help, try using AI Traffic Mover.

I've downloaded the PAI plans and a/c., also see the flight plans in the library.PAI doesn't appear to be planning AA. If I download an AA AI flight plan and install it with TTools, which AI-friendly a/c are there to use (low fps hit)? I'm wondering how others solved this.Thanks,Bruce.

Guest Stamatis

Hi Bruce,"PAI doesn't appear to be planning AA."How do you come to this conclusion? PAI will do AA but they never announce release dates. Their statement is that they will do all major airlines, and even non-major ones, so I can't see how AA is excluded."...which AI-friendly a/c are there to use (low fps hit)?" I would wait till somebody uploads AA repaints of the PAI aircraft in their Uploads library section.Stamatis

Guest Joshieca

>I've downloaded the PAI plans and a/c., also see the flight >plans in the library. >>PAI doesn't appear to be planning AA. If I download an AA >AI flight plan and install it with TTools, which AI-friendly >a/c are there to use (low fps hit)? The way I solved this is to look for aircraft (FS2002) that have been made since FEB 02 or later with GMAX. Most of those are AI friendly and have good frame rates. MOST! Keep an eye out for Mike Stone's models -- Almost all of his are AI friendly with good frame rates.Another almost sure fire way to get good frame rates is to simply look for and use "default" aircraft repaints. They are always AI friendly, and have low frame rates. Plus they will always land, fly, and takeoff, correctly, unlike some of the other aircarft out there.Finally, my personal rule of thumb is to simply not download and install any aircraft package that is more then 1600K. The larger the model and textures are in file size, I have found that they are frame rate killers. This is one reason why I like to use AVSIM for downloads, because they list the file size of the whole package and then for each file. This way you can tell if a model and or textures are using a lot of memory.Hope that helps....