Sign in to follow this  

limit ai aircraft parked??

I am new to using ai .... have managed to set up with correct airline flights and planes for australian skies....but ..when I start up fs2002, i find TOO MANY aircraft parked at the airport I start in ... so much so that arrivales are simply "disappearing" on the runway because there are no parking spots left....is there a way to LIMIT the number of parking spaces randomly filled by ATC on start-up??(Similar unrealism .. fly into a regional airport and find 3 Dash8s parked there when none scheduled to fly out for several hours!! )any help appreciated :)Ron

Hi Ron,I think you have at least three choices:1. Add more gates via AFCAD.2. Deleterearrange some flight plans using a traffic editor such as yRoute or AITM.3. Turn down the percentage of AI traffic showing in the FS2K2 settings.My vote would be #1 as I don't believe that any default airport in 2K has a sufficient number of gates.Hope this helps.Best,

If the AI flightplans are two legs only the aircraft will wait until the next cycle be it 4,24 or wahtever hours. That is unrealistic but is often used as it is the easiest flightplan to create. What you may need to do is edit the flightplan to make aircraft have 12 - 16 hours of work as in real life then if schedules are realistic so will the airport gate usage.Remember also that when FS2002 starts AI flights for the preceeding 15 minutes are also activated hence the mad rush for the runway. This settles down after the initial burst.

Thanks guys .... that gives me a better handle on things ....will experiment more as I am interested in getting things as realistic as possible!Ron