Sign in to follow this  

Evp help please (newbie)

Hi AllCan someone please help me with Edit Voice Pack when i view missing files I keep getting Aircraft Manufacturer problems i have added sound files, The airline Callsign works but i just cant figure out the problem i have added lines to the aircraft cfg but with no luck.Thank in advanceNic

Really stupid question here - did the sample name (ie Fred Air) match the line you added in aircraft.cfg?Rodders

Hi yes the name matched and i have tried with 3 or 4 other aircraft and still get the same problem (i must be thick),Do i just add the name to the 2 lines below...atc_type=nameatc_model=nameOr is there somthing else thanks for any helpNic

The Top line (ATC ID - not phrase name - I'm the thicko!) must be the name that you type in the ATC_airline tag. The ATC_type is the aircraft type i.e Boeing and the ATC_model is the variant i.e. B732Hope that clears up your problemRodders

Hi RoddersSo i add three linesATC_id= ATC_type= ATC_model= do these go under [fltsim.?] or [General]Sorry for being a pain (must be my age)CheersNic

Sorry about last message it should of said thisHi RoddersSo i add three linesATC_id= ATC_type= ATC_model= do these go under or general or fltsim.X in the cfg fileSorry for being a pain (must be my age)CheersNic P.S when i put a different atc model in ie:737-400 it works fine.

I think it best if I put a sample of an aircraft.cfg file in the reply. This one for a Project AI Airbus A320 that I've just finished for the VA (Knight Air) I fly for.The only effect that the Voice Pack Editor has is to enable words like "Knight Air" to be spoken by ATC. It has no effect on any other factor in the aircraft.cfg file.This snippet below should give you the general layout you require. Anything in [general] will affect all of the aircraft that use that model, while anything in [fltsim.x] will only affect that particular variant of the model. This allows you to use different panels, sound files, even model configurations within the same general model definition.If you have AIMover, use the aircraft editor in that excellent program to see which of your fs2k2 aircraft have the wrong definitions.Rodders[fltsim.0]title=PAI A320 Knight Airsim=pai320model=panel=sound=texture=kntkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=Knight Airatc_flight_number=3456ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Knight Air Liverydescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=0[General]atc_type=AIRBUSatc_model=A320editable=1

Hi RoddersThanks for your helpbut i will give it up as a bad idea i've tried everything but this aircraft just wont work.All i am trying to do isHave a callsign=VYTHave a type=HawkThanks againNic:(

The type=hawk is where you could bump into problems - FS2K2 has built in types.I'll have a sniff around...never give up!Rodders

try importing this - an aircraft type called a Hawk

Hi RoddersI tried but still got called experimental by ATC (I think they need a good set of bino's)the file you attached was as near as dam it the same as mine.Can i email you directThanks AgainNic

ATC will call it experimental until you give it a manufacturer ie Boeing, you can do that as well in the editor.Roddersrodney.begg@btinternet.com

....and I think that if you check with the existing words that ATC knows you will find "Douglas" under McDonnelDouglas - or summat very similar - for the manufacturerRodders