Sign in to follow this  

PAI Replacement .cfg and .air Files

For those who are interested I have posted a complete set of replacement aircraft.cfg and .air files for PAI aircraft in theProject AI Forums Files Library Miscellaneous section under the name

Hi David,I have not downloaded your .cfg and .air files for PAI aircraft yet, and I don't plan to. At least not in the current context.While I tremendously appreciate the possibility that your files might indeed solve some, most, maybe even hopefully all of the problems the PAI aircraft have, I don't feel your approach is correct.There are two basic approaches going on in the community--individual efforts and team efforts. BOTH are extremely important to the community as a whole. Lose either and we will all suffer!The Project AI effort has been and I believe will continue to be a team effort with a lot of good people contributing to a final result. But those contributions exist because of the team as a whole--not just because of the individuals involved. The whole is greater than simply the sum of the parts.If your .cfg and .air files will indeed improve the overall results then you need to be part of the PAI Team--not an individual trying to "crash the party".I sincerely hope you will rethink your approach. Contact the PAI Team and get involved from within so that the whole result will be even MUCH better!Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

David, I appreciate your work. I can see his point but if I was running a project of this size, I wouldn't worry about it but I am not the PAI guys. Anyhoo, there's an upload section at their site so I would assume that PAI wouldn't mind. Julian Off to try the files out.

The darn files are hosted on the PAI server - if they were really cheesed off with David do you honestly think they would do this?If you don't want them, your loss, have your aircraft screwing into the ground if you want, your choice, but don't come along with a pious holier-than-thou attitude.

Guest Stamatis

Bill,"If your .cfg and .air files will indeed improve the overall results then you need to be part of the PAI Team--not an individual trying to "crash the party"."What on earth are you talking about?Crashing the party? Where is the "crash"? The guy just wants to share his improved (according to him) files which will in theory help us all, including the PAI stuff themselves, to better enjoy the PAI aircraft. His files are even hosted in the PAI libraries.I would say "thank you" instead of reprimanding the fellow...StamatisPS. I have not tried out the files yet

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello David,Don't listen to this person Dave, If you have anything that is going to improve our flight sim experience. I know I for one look forward to your help, files and upgrades and I'm sure others will as well. It is obvious this person does not know the time and effort you have put in to helping others with some of the problems myself and others have had with PAI aircraft and flight plan installation problems.Just a little heads up to the person who has nothing better to do than to be WAY OUT OF LINE in reprimanding a fellow simmer for doing nothing more than to help out this community.I am one of the people Dave has helped in correcting an auto-installation problem where the PAI auto-install would corrupt the aircraft.cfg files. Dave not only took the time to view all my folders, sub-folders and files for every aircraft I downloaded from PAI. He took the time to find the problem and give me a solution. We transferred E-mails all day to fix this problem. By the end of the day and after numerous transfers of information and the manual re-installation of PAI files I was up and running!!!THANK YOU DAVE!!!I think this person needs to get his facts straight before coming in here and attacking another simmer when he knows not what he is talking about.MichaelCFII-SEL

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hello Everyone,I had to take another look at this letter, I find it a little funny that this perosn would in one sentence state.There are two basic approaches going on in the community--individual efforts and team efforts. BOTH are extremely important to the community as a whole. Lose either and we will all suffer!and in the next stateIf your .cfg and .air files will indeed improve the overall results then you need to be part of the PAI Team--not an individual trying to "crash the party".Why would one have to JOIN THE TEAM, are you saying that every upgrade posted here and on other sites that were created by two or more people you do not use?. That is of coures if the person or persons who worked on an upgrade to the original work and tried to improve the works of others did not join the original team.I quess you do not use much FREEWAREMichaelCFII SEL

I've gotten one of David's airfiles up and running. The A320 works great. Saved me hours of tweaking. Takeoff was smooth with liftoff at an appropriate airspeed, climbs out to the flight levels without any problems, touchdown occurs within the touchdown zone and even with a slight nose up attitude. I've spent hours over the last week getting the PAI 767s, 747s, and 777s to work satisfactorily and if the rest of the airfiles fly like what I've seen with the A320, this should be a real time saver for me. My thanks go out.

Guest HeavyFan

YES! Thank's DAVID for your Efforts! I support Group and Single pepole who Like to share thier Work With us other SIMMERS to Enjoy!! Yeah it would be nice if it was a group Effort, But PAI Pepole have did a lot of work getting the new site up and running! And We will never know when they will Fix the Bugs With the Air Files for PAI Planes! So I am Really Happy that David was nice enough to share his Tweaked Files for PAI planes with us!! I will download them as many times as i need if it makes a product better!! If you do not agree then that's your choice not to Download this update! You should have e-mailed David with your letter Instead of making pulic assuptions that he is "Crashing the Party of PIA"!! I don't belive he is and it does'nt seem the PAI Don't like it as i never seen them post a negative comment about Davids work!! So DAVID Thank YOU for your Update!! I have not tried thm out yet, but reading some of the ffedback's it seems to fix the Landing problems of PAI Planes! MIKE -:) keep up the great work DAVID!!

Hey Guys,Thanks for the kind words and support. I hope the files make PAI work better for you. As for Bill

Here's a bug fix that I posted on the PAI forum for those of you who might not see it.

Originally posted by gord dfv:Thanks, seemed to solve some of the serious problems with the A340 and A330 I was having (only ones I have tried so far). The lights are a bit off on the A340 though, since I never listen and therefore didn't back up my .cfg would anyone happen to have the correct values for the lights?
You are quite correct about the A340 lights. Sorry. Here is the correct entry:[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing light.0 = 3, -45.4, -95.0, 8.4, fx_navredm ,light.1 = 3, -45.4, 95.0, 8.4, fx_navgrem ,light.2 = 3, -123.168, 0.00, 12.1, fx_navwhih ,light.3 = 2, -46.4, -95.0, 8.4, fx_strobeh ,light.4 = 2, -46.4, 95.0, 8.4, fx_strobeh ,light.5 = 2, 18.6, 0.00, -3.30, fx_beaconb ,light.6 = 1, 2.20, 0.00, 15.30, fx_beaconh ,light.7 = 4, 44.41, 0.00, 3.50, fx_vclight ,I also found that I made a similar mistake with the B763 and B772. Oops. Here are the correct entries for those aircraft as well.B763:[LIGHTS] //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landinglight.0=3, -38.35, -77.5, 7.48, fx_navredm ,light.1=3, -38.35, 77.5, 7.48, fx_navgrem ,light.2=3, -97.80, 0.00, 42.3, fx_beaconh ,light.3=2, -38.35, -77.5, 7.48, fx_strobeh ,light.4=2, -38.35, 77.5, 7.48, fx_strobeh ,light.5=2, -2.65, 0.00, -4.25, fx_beaconb ,light.6=1, 2.20, 0.00, 13.60, fx_beaconh ,light.7=4, 70.4, 0.00, 3.50, fx_vclight ,B772:[LIGHTS] //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landinglight.0 = 3, -49.10, -100.1, 11.72, fx_navredm ,light.1 = 3, -49.10, 100.1, 11.72, fx_navgrem ,light.2 = 3, -122.1, 0.00, 7.00, fx_navwhih ,light.3 = 2, -49.10, -100.1, 11.72, fx_strobeh ,light.4 = 2, -49.10, 100.1, 11.72, fx_strobeh ,light.5 = 2, -2.65, 0.00, -5.40, fx_beaconb ,light.6 = 1, 2.20, 0.00, 15.00, fx_beaconh ,light.7 = 4, 75.41, 0.00, 3.50, fx_vclight ,light.8 = 3, -55.10, -100.1, 11.72, fx_navwhih ,light.9 = 3, -55.10, 100.1, 11.72, fx_navwhih ,There are also light position issues with the B732, B734, B737, B738, B743, and B744. Those problems are not related to my files. Those are the original PAI data.Thanks for bringing that to my attention and sorry for the inconveniance.

Thanks David for the comments in support of my right to my opinion and my right to express it.While some of the messages may imply that I was "bombasting" you, that was certainly not my intent. Quite the contrary. As I stated I feel very clearly, I really am super glad to see that you have apparently resolved some, most, maybe even all of the flight dynamic issues.But I also appreciate all the other comments about my opinion--both positive and negative! I truthfully do! I think it is obvious that my opinion is apparently very much in the minority--maybe even a minority of one! :)But I still stand by my opinion. I do feel you need to make your files available, but I still think that they need to be available truly within the framework established by the PAI management and team members.They need to be included within the entire process that includes passing beta testing and proving themselves conclusively that they are the correct flight dynamics to use with the PAI project.Simply the fact that they are available as a download from the forum does not satisfy that requirement.If they are truly better than what comes with the standard download, then they need to replace the ones in the standard download and become a part of the PAI Standard Packages--not an independent download.As an independent download they introduce too much opportunity for confusion as to what should or should not be used.So I restate and emphasize my request that you will rethink your approach. Contact the PAI Team and get involved from within so that the whole result will be even MUCH better for us all!Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)

I agree that it would be nice if the improved airfiles be incorporated into any future downloads of the PAI aircraft files. However, to withhold them until then and only release them as such would not work out very well for some of us. For that approach would entail the requirement to redownload each paintkit, which at this point numbers twenty four. One separate dowload at this junction works best for those of us who've already activated PAI planes in our AI. Also, his files were actually released within the framework of PAI. I found them on the PAI site in their Downloads page.I understand you are looking at this from the eye of PAI supposedly being a turnkey operation. And for somebody who has not touched TTools or yRoute or even aircraft.cfg's, it would be best for them if it was made part of the autoinstall process. However, for those who are familiar and understand what to do with them, there is no reason to hold it back from those people.However, I will still agree with your point that David's airfiles should be incorporated into the full PAI aircraft files. Just don't make us all wait for that to happen before we can benefit from his work.

Guest frankcubillos

And a big thanks to Dave for accepting a position with ProjectAI!:-waveFrank Cubilloswww.FSGateway.comHome of FSVC and ProjectAI

That is wonderful!!!!I am so glad to hear it!!!Looking forward to great results!Happy Flying!Bill MolonyAtlanta GA USAUnder the 27L Approach to KATL--the busiest airport in the world :)