Sign in to follow this  
brucek

AI Traffic Priority Question.

I'm experimenting with TTools and other utilities. I can get a base system of American Airlines fleet at KORD working very well. Then, I add a list of UA flights (also predominant at KORD)to FlightPlan.txt, and re-compile, although this file uses a much higher AC# sequence that I haven't changed (from the original authors). So, I expect to get a mix of UA and AA, within the limitations of gates, etc. However, the UA flights appear to totally over-power the AA ones (I would have thought that the AA ones, having a lower AC#, may have taken priority). Aircraft.txt contains all of the aircraft mapping OK.What's the priority order, if such a thing exists? And, is there a problem with a gap in the AC# sequence?Thanks for any answers, this stuff sure is fun, I must remmeber to 'fly" one of these evenings :) ).Bruce.

Guest RONVKING

Hi Bruce,Priority is based on top of your flightplans.txt first and bottom of list last. What I do is sort my list on the first arrival time that tends to give a reasonable mixup.Rgds Ron

Hi Ron,Thanks- that's wierd then, as the flights that take precedence in my setup are last in the list (they bump the ones at the top of the list). I must look further and see if I'm doing something wierd. Maybe a sort may do it. Bruce.

I have since noted that the flightplan file that I used to form the first portion of my flightplan.txt file (the AA flights), and which uses the lower AC# sequence, and which gets ignored by the latter portion of that same file; has many legs in the flight plan lines of the file. The second (currently final) part of the file (UA) uses a format that has only one round trip per line. Could this smaller line length make the latter part of the file take precedence, I wonder? Thanks,Bruce.

You probably found your problem. The American flights have many legs, and thus the planes are kept moving all day - you won't see many of them at one time at a given airport. However, the United flights only fly once per plan, and sit on the ground the rest of the time (could be all day if they are 24 hr repeat plans). Thus, they will be sitting on the ground most of the time, filling your gates and excluding other aircraft.The multi-leg approach is the best way to handle this, to keep your gates free for other arrivals.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Thanks Tom, that may be the issue here.Before I added the single round trip UA flights, at KORD at 1800 I would see quite a few AA planes and would almost instantly hear about 6 or so call in sequence to Ground for taxi instructions.With the UA lines added (later down the .txt file, and with a much higher AC# sequence, however only one round-trip per line), I see many more a/c at KORD (again at 1800), but all UA other than 2 or 3. All I hear calling is the UA planes, not a squeak out of the AA ones (the few that do appear), although these few may have plans that don't invoke at that time too, of course.I'm going to try string the single lines together, which will introduce some compatibility between the UA and AA flights. Thanks for your suggestion.Bruce.