Sign in to follow this  

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I have Afcad v1.2 and i've been trying to add some gates to my home airport Piarco Intl. I was going fine until i suddenly lost the ability to add nodes of any kind. I can still add gates, but I can't attatch any connectors to them. Also, I saved it and ran FS but the AI aircraft were doing some crazy stuff.They started taxiing from their spots directly out to a hold short node on the other sied of the runway, completely ignoring the taxi nodes placed next to them.oh and 1 more small, teeny tiny problem. I tried to edit the afcad file TTPP.txt to try to fix an error I was getting when I tried to import the file, and now.........I HAVE NO AIRPORTS!!They're all gone, from the lists in FS, every last one.I think I know the problem though. All the AFD files in the Scenery database folder are gone.I need to know how to get them backPlz HELP!!

Guest RONVKING

Hello David,If you go the the FS cd's you can reload the AFD files from there. Can't remember which one as I'm at work and can't check my copies.Worth remembering to check the attributes as they are read only and if you try to update them they won't take until you alter them. You may have gathered I fell for that one a few months ago.Rgds Ron

Guest H_Kev55

David,AFCAD makes back ups of your original files just in case something like this happens. I'm surprised that most AFCAD users don't know this.Look for a file extension of .ORIGINALThat's what you need.I sometimes have the same problem with not being able to lay nodes. I'm not sure why it happens, but what I do to correct this is to export the file as it is, then restart AFCAD and then import the file that you were working on. It works everytime for me.Kev

Hi, I searched the cd and copied the files that I lost. It works fine now. Thanks for your help. And BTW, the reason that I was trying to add the gates in the first place was because i'm still waiting on the scenery of the new terminal @ piarco to finish. I haven't heard any news about it in a while. Do any of you have any news on when it'll be finished/released?