Sign in to follow this  

AITraffic

Since loading AITraffic ,i have lots of traffic but at the busy airports the planes move with stop start jerky movements,framerate drops to around 3 or4,once i get clear of the airport my framerate goes back to around 20 to25 Any ideas how to cure it?thanks Donwinxp homeamd 1.23d prophet11 ultra 64mb512 ram

Reduce your AI traffic slider.Your problem is that you have too many aircraft being displayed for your computer to handle.Or I suppose you could upgrade your machine....Take care,Ian

It is up to your choice of AI fleet. The AI traffic has little effect on frame rate directly. However, it affects the frame rate indirectly depend on your choice of aircrafts For example, if u double the gate number to 50, it would not have significant frame rate issue for the computation. However, when u fill up 50 heavy-textured aircrafts to the 50 gates, it will significant hit on the frame rate. The logic behind is that FS2002 need more resources to display the aircrafts. Therefore, i suggest AI traffic using low-textured aircrafts, such as CAMSIM series or the default ones (and repaint from default models). These should have no problem with many of them appear on screen at the same time. I love to fly POSKY great Boeing fleet, but their aircrafts are heavily textureed. so dont use POSKY series aircrafts, they are not worth for the frame rate when u only see the aircrafts from distance. It is good for your own flying plane.Sen