Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

ATC take-off clearance

After I downloaded Air France AI aircrafts and flight plans from projectAI.com, I was happy to see that Paris Orly became a busy airport, like in reality.But the problem is that now, no aircraft can take off because ATC doesn't give any take-off clearance.So I tried several things:1) I reduced the AI traffic to 70%2) I modified Orly airport with AFCAD to have 1 runway for take-off and another for landing3) I watched the AI aircraftAnd the problem is still here: ATC does not authorize my aircraft or any AI aircraft to take-off!!!Do you have any idea??Thanks for any help !!Eric

If your problem is that they just sit by the runway and don't take off then to fix it you have to put (using AFCAD) a Normal Taxi Node (Blue One) slightly before the Hold Short Node (Red One) this should fix the problem. You can do it for every airport for every runway that you use if there is a long distance between the HOld Short and Last Taxi Node, just put one Taxi Node there about 70feet from Hold Short, well i never mesure I just put them there shortly before. From what I have seen majority of the airpot have this problem, so whenever I edit some airport I do that just as norm, something that has to be done, can't hurt can only help.The problem is more likely to be on a busy airport when one aircraft waits for another, before when you had one aircraft every 5min taking off you wouldn't notice that, because the first aircraft taht took off would not hold any other ones behing it to make them confused. :-)What happens is that first aircraft TookOff and the aircraft behind the first one already passed his last taxi node, yet is still too far from the hold short node to ask for takeoff clearance, because it had to stop some distance away because of the first aircraft that was there, however after the first aircaft goes and the second can move up to the hold short node to request takeoff it just sitts there not knowing what do do, gets confused and never takes off just sits there and so the rest of them right behind huge line up.I talk too much.... Andy

Andy,I don't think that's the problem.it sounds more to me like the problem of the hold short node being to far from the runway resulting in the AI aircraft not being able to request TO-clearance.

Thanks to you two for your contribution.I know the problem you're talking about, described in the AFCAD documentation. I checked Orly airport with AFCAD, and the distance between nodes is correct.Anyway, the problem is not only for AI aircraft, it is also for me. ATC never gives me the TO-clearance when my aircraft is at hold point.I found a workaround: I reduced the AI traffic to 80%. It didn't work the first time because I had to stop FS2002 and restart it to have the change taken into account. Now it works fine.My explanation is that FS2002 was spending all its CPU time in managing AI aircrafts and visualization, and had not enough time to manage ATC dialogs properly, on my "slow" machine (PIII 700 MHz). ATC had other strange behaviors, so that could be the right explanation.I hope that it will keep on working...Thanks for your help !!