Sign in to follow this  
Guest lmoelleb

Using TTools to get Taxiway data

Hey all,I am trying to write a program to create sector files using data leeched directly from FS itself.I have found that both TTools and AFCAD are great programs for getting info out of FS, but unfortunately they seem to only show the Taxiway centrelines.What I need is the data used to show the outlines of the actual taxiways themselves. Ground sector files show the whole airport in a frame like layout showing all the perimeters of taxiways, Aprons, buildings etc. FS already have this data as they use it to paint the screen with airport graphical details. They have it, and I need a way to get it out.I have contacted Lee swordy, but he must be a busy man or he somehow didn't get my e-mail, he never replied to my request for help. Therefore I am asking fellow enthusiasts such as yourselves for help.With this new replacement for Pro Controller about to be released, there may be a lot of sector files that need upgrading. (Depending on the formatting of the older files.)I can be contacted at donanne@tpg.com.auDon P.phildon

Guest lmoelleb

Actually it does contain more than the centerline - it contains the width as well, so it might be enough depending on how you want to use it.

Hey Imoellb,You are absolutely right, things can be right in front of us sometimes and we don't see it until someone points it out to us. If I use the centreline as a base, work out the direction of the centreline, draw another line line either side of it using width/2 as a measure, then work out deg,min,sec from that.Take some doing, but might be able to work with that.Thanks pal.Don P.Phildon

Guest lmoelleb

I have a small utility programmed in C# that will read an AFCAD file and print the taxiways (with designator) as well as runways - however it is of course missing the terminals and aprons (the parking spots are included).I simply set up the transformation matrix in the output device (screen or printer) so I could use the coordinates in the AFCAD directly. This way I can simply draw a taxiline by creating a pen with the width of the taxiline and connect the starting and ending point. I then draw a circle at each end point to be sure the taxiways connects correctly.The plan was to include the ILS information as well, but I never got it done, as I then would have to calculate from the latitude/longitude used for the runways to the metric coordinates used elsewhere.If you want to have a look at the code, send me a mail.